British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Euromillions............... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/euromillions-512994/)

rugbymatt Feb 9th 2008 9:05 am

Euromillions...............

Right, well we had a bit of a touch on the Euromillions last night and I would like to canvass a few of you to help me come up with ideas of what to do with it.

Lara wants to go on a mad spending spree but I think we should be a little more conservative and think about the future.

So any ideas would be welcome, thanks.

zel Feb 9th 2008 9:09 am

Re: Euromillions...............

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5907820)
Right, well we had a bit of a touch on the Euromillions last night and I would like to canvass a few of you to help me come up with ideas of what to do with it.

Lara wants to go on a mad spending spree but I think we should be a little more conservative and think about the future.

Easy Car(s) from me.... thanks! :)

I've not checked my email to see if i won anything yet as the last big rollover I did it and got an excited email saying congrats you've won, please login etc

I was fulled expected £70,000 million or whatever is was to be in my account!.... £6.40 and it will be bloody less now since the exchange rate has crapped itself! :(

mikelincs Feb 9th 2008 9:09 am

Ohh a spending spree, and some for savings. perhaps 60/40?.. but what can you get for 10 quid? or was it a little bit more.. were you one of the 6?

Ragomuffin Feb 9th 2008 9:11 am

I think you should invest at least half of it in an up and coming design firm in Hertfordshire. It would need to be a long term investment with little or no return for approximately 30 years but after that there will be oodles of profit... promise!.

rugbymatt Feb 9th 2008 9:14 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 5907838)
Ohh a spending spree, and some for savings. perhaps 60/40?.. but what can you get for 10 quid? or was it a little bit more.. were you one of the 6?

It was definately more than a tenner mate, but not one of the six sadly, or I would be on a plane right now!

Sam Greenfield Feb 9th 2008 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin (Post 5907842)
I think you should invest at least half of it in an up and coming design firm in Hertfordshire. It would need to be a long term investment with little or no return for approximately 30 years but after that there will be oodles of profit... promise!.

:rofl: brill :rofl:

rugbymatt Feb 9th 2008 10:15 am

Come on guys, I'm fighting to keep Lara away from this money!

Mitzyboy Feb 9th 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5908021)

Well I have an extremely good investment opportunity, cant tell you what it is, but wire the money over to me at my Nigerian account and I will let you know when it matures ;)

Sam Greenfield Feb 9th 2008 10:31 am

Ok i didnt want to beg but you could always donate it to a very worthwhile charity 'The get Sam to Queensland' charity which is a bit short on funds at the mo ;).

Depending how much you won i would spend and invest some for your next adventure.

Love Sam

jandy44 Feb 9th 2008 10:57 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5907853)
It was definately more than a tenner mate, but not one of the six sadly, or I would be on a plane right now!

:thumbsup: Hey good for you,whatever you decide to do ,enjoy :thumbsup:

Just checked ours not a single bean :thumbdown:

lmj50 Feb 9th 2008 11:49 am

So disappointing, Wife won £112 between 10 in work.
I had £4.
Ah well work on Monday as usual.
LMJ:(

Same Difference Feb 9th 2008 12:05 pm

Cut the crap Matt and just tell us how much you won :p

Sam Greenfield Feb 9th 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference (Post 5908298)
Cut the crap Matt and just tell us how much you won :p

Only you could get away with that ;) - how you doin - we have sunshine today - bloody freezing but it sunny.

Same Difference Feb 9th 2008 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield (Post 5908335)
Only you could get away with that ;) - how you doin - we have sunshine today - bloody freezing but it sunny.

Sunny here today, just like everyday ;)

Off to the beach in a min with the dog :thumbsup:

Sam Greenfield Feb 9th 2008 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference (Post 5908339)
Sunny here today, just like everyday ;)

Off to the beach in a min with the dog :thumbsup:

Its two days on the trot now - i reckon its the calm before the storm - there will probably be 6 foot snow drifts tomoz - well i can wish - love snow and off now for half term - lucky you have a great day on the beach xxx