British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Euro Millions..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/euro-millions-471484/)

rugbymatt Aug 4th 2007 10:38 am

Euro Millions.....

Right, I have decided that I am going to win the Euromillions next week, it is £35 millions next week, and obviously I only need a couple of million to be happy so what do I do with the remaining 30 millions? What would you do?

Charity?

Friends?

lynnxa Aug 4th 2007 10:42 am

Re: Euro Millions.....

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5147348)
Right, I have decided that I am going to win the Euromillions next week, it is £35 millions next week, and obviously I only need a couple of million to be happy so what do I do with the remaining 30 millions? What would you do?

Charity?

Friends?

I'd share it between all my friends

we're friends, right;)

rugbymatt Aug 4th 2007 10:42 am

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 5147366)
I'd share it between all my friends

we're friends, right;)

depends................................

lynnxa Aug 4th 2007 10:43 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5147368)
depends................................

what have I done now:confused:

SoJohn Aug 4th 2007 10:46 am

Charity?

Friends?

I don't seem to have much luck with that game. I never seen to match a single number. To be honest I would keep all the money to myself and not even tell anyone I had won it. Even family.

I'm not sure if that's an option with Euro lottery though, it is with the UK one.

Mitzyboy Aug 4th 2007 10:47 am

You say youd only keep a couple of Mil, but I bet you'd buy a really nice house, and that might set you back the best part of million, and a car or two ... I know your not into owning loads of stuff, but its only human nature to buy some nice things

I always said if I won an obscene amount of money I'd set up something to help small kids that need urgent surgery, but can't afford them or get them done in their country. You know, like flying someone to the US for surgery that can only be done there.

jdr Aug 4th 2007 10:48 am

Buy more tickets cos if the odds are right (14 mil to 1) you will win every week then you can give it all away to different things. lol

lynnxa Aug 4th 2007 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5147386)
You say youd only keep a couple of Mil, but I bet you'd buy a really nice house, and that might set you back the best part of million, and a car or two ... I know your not into owning loads of stuff, but its only human nature to buy some nice things

I always said if I won an obscene amount of money I'd set up something to help small kids that need urgent surgery, but can't afford them or get them done in their country. You know, like flying someone to the US for surgery that can only be done there.

You're right - only human nature to look after yourself, close family & friends first, but then, why not set up some sort of trusts to help people/kids who really need it?

Fortaleza Aug 4th 2007 10:54 am

Charity?

Friends?

So €30m to spend, eh???

Well, first I'd buy the Wales Rugby team. With the other 29,999,999 € ....... might buy an Expats website????????? :thumbup:

rugbymatt Aug 4th 2007 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5147386)

I must admit, I would buy somewhere nice to live, but I'm not sure it would be a house, quite like the look of a boat.

One of the only charities that I always make payments to is the RNLI, they receive absolutely no Gov funding, a bit of a crapper when you see how much Lotto and public money, as well as private investment was shelled out on the Dome!

rugbymatt Aug 4th 2007 10:58 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5147391)
Buy more tickets cos if the odds are right (14 mil to 1) you will win every week then you can give it all away to different things. lol

Is that what they say the odds are?

jdr Aug 4th 2007 11:16 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5147421)
Is that what they say the odds are?

I read somewhere thats what they had worked it out to be.

Mitzyboy Aug 4th 2007 11:18 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5147415)
I must admit, I would buy somewhere nice to live, but I'm not sure it would be a house, quite like the look of a boat.

In that case you're looking at least 2 - 3 million for somewhere to live :)

Sam Greenfield Aug 4th 2007 11:22 am

After sorting out me, mine, family and friends i would give one hell of a chunk to cancer, animal, children, OAP charities that i could find as i think they are very deserving causes.
Love Sam

jandy44 Aug 4th 2007 11:34 am

I would do the obvious help family and friends, then I would buy a small holding and take in donkeys and have more boxers...........my O/H would want a huge garage full of classic cars...............:thumbup: