Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

EUC CHANGE OF CONTRACTOR

EUC CHANGE OF CONTRACTOR

Old May 24th 2014, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile EUC CHANGE OF CONTRACTOR

There is a rumour about the contract being changed on the golf club thread any one any more info?
Old May 25th 2014, 7:29 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EUC CHANGE OF CONTRACTOR

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
There is a rumour about the contract being changed on the golf club thread any one any more info?
There is an email circulating with some potentially worrying details. You have it.

Ive decided not to act on it as it will all soon be big news anyway - and no need to rush anything re Ayamonte (as mentioned on another thread !!) We will find out if there is any change in good time, and what is going on.

I have made no secret my displeasure of the EUC, as forum regulars know, so am positive about any change. However as I have no confidence in them, I fear/worry that any change they initiate will not necessarily be in the best interest of the residents.

I guess I should 'live in hope' that this would be a positive step - but feel another disappointment may be coming. I hope not.

Where is a good CERA when you need one! That is my biggest regret.

Jon
Old May 25th 2014, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: EUC CHANGE OF CONTRACTOR

I am pretty sure from the behaviour pattern being reported that what is going on is in breach of EU rules and regulations regarding public tendering. The EUC is a public body acting for the Local Authority and spending money received as a charge on the residents of Costa Esuri. The amount of money collected and spent is around one million euro annually so it is a significant contract.

At the very least there should be a published announcement of the intention to tender, a published list of qualifying companies, a short list selected from that list and finally sealed bids returned by a specific date kept securely and opened and recorded at the set time.

There is somewhere that you can raise concerns with the commission in Brussels for breaches of the rules, it might be worth making them aware of the goings on!

Old May 26th 2014, 8:08 am
Just Joined

THE UBIQUITOUS CHIP is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: EUC CHANGE OF CONTRACTOR

More than a rumour actually, loads of conversation. Some upsetting info cropped out. In addition to their 60K€ admin fees, the current Admin received 20K€ to help them with the rent!!! and another 6K€ for the software.....
Should be sealed bids tender but again how can we control this process?
Old May 29th 2014, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone on BE was warned about all of this back in 2009 even before the ILLEGAL EUC was constituted. But most elected to po po the information given at that time and to shoot the messenger. Most followed the 'light' of the so called "residents association", which by the way was set up solely to assist the EUC and it's kangaroo "board". That was obvious at the time... although it has taken a further four to five years for the proverbial penny to drop. So instead of just talking about it, why not actually do something about it.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:23 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliceB
Everyone on BE was warned about all of this back in 2009 even before the ILLEGAL EUC was constituted. But most elected to po po the information given at that time and to shoot the messenger. Most followed the 'light' of the so called "residents association", which by the way was set up solely to assist the EUC and it's kangaroo "board". That was obvious at the time... although it has taken a further four to five years for the proverbial penny to drop. So instead of just talking about it, why not actually do something about it.
Ask and ye shall get!

As you will know there is a new CERA board. Many people have 'heard the penny drop' a long time ago and now I hope that the new CERA board will be the the ones to do 'something'

I started a thread about our personal needs for CERA: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...02&postcount=1

I'm sure that the new CERA board have similar ideas then I encourage everyone to join up. It has full legal authority and is not a social club.

If you havent seen the email yet (below) and want to join here is where you can send your email [email protected]

THANKS in advance for the personal time these board members will give up to advance the needs of the Costa Esuri residents.

Great to see a good mix of Spanish/Brits (the predominant CE residents)

Jon

Dear members of the CERA and residents in Costa Esuri,

Yesterday, 31st May, an Extraordinary General Assembly of the ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ (CERA) has been held.

Among other issues, of which you will receive information very soon, a new Committee has been designated, as follows:

Mrs. Amparo Lalinde, Mrs. Barbra Trayer, Mr. John Mustow, Mr. Malcolm Maxwell Mrs. Marina Martinez, Mr. Philip Johnson, Mr. Rafaeal Montserrat, Mrs. Sharon Stokes, Mr. William McCall.

We need at the soonest to confirm either your previous membership or your wish to become a member of the CERA.

Also, in order for us to be able to send you information on the CERA, we would very much appreciate your reply to [email protected] confirming your contact details

On the the other hand, if you do not wish to receive information regarding CERA please let us now.

Finaly, in order to contact as many residents as possible, please feel free to forward this message to your neighbours.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

And so, what about these rumours then ?
Those of you who take the time to post on here all know what is going on and you all also know who is involved. You know there won’t be a “sealed bid”. You know, that any “change they initiate will not necessarily be in the best interest of the residents”. And for sure, “another disappointment” is coming.

So, what is your highly cheered “new CERA board” going to do about this potentially worrying news..
Are your new board going to defend the rights of all those who are denied any vote. Are they going to demand transparency. Has anyone ever even seen the accounts ?
Most or even all communities and intercommunities in CE are denied their vote because “someone” said there are debts in their communities.
And aside from a few small coefficient individual plot owners, the only votes that actually "count" are those of the five / six members of the EUC board who are “allowed" to vote… they vote obviously for themselves,, why wouldn’t they, they have a lot to gain. .
How many of them actually own properties in CE; perhaps Fadesa still own a few,, that have not been taken back by the banks. And if so, have they paid all their fees, who knows,, only they do because they are on the board. Does the deputy mayor own a property and if so has he paid his fees ? Yet he gets to vote and even be president.. Same goes for the other board members, the treasurer, the secretary and so on,,, have they all paid their fees, who knows - yet they are entitled to their vote.

As illegal as the EUC is, at this moment it still exists, so the question again, at this time, given the seriousness of the pending change of administrator and to use a familiar favourite, “better the devil you know”,,, what exactly are the new CERA board members going to do to stop this potentially worrying situation before it becomes a reality, and yet another disappointment.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Those of you who take the time to post on here all know what is going on and you all also know who is involved. You know there won’t be a “sealed bid”. You know, that any “change they initiate will not necessarily be in the best interest of the residents”. And for sure, “another disappointment” is coming.

So, what is your highly cheered “new CERA board” going to do about this potentially worrying news..
Are your new board going to defend the rights of all those who are denied any vote. Are they going to demand transparency. Has anyone ever even seen the accounts ?
Most or even all communities and intercommunities in CE are denied their vote because “someone” said there are debts in their communities.
And aside from a few small coefficient individual plot owners, the only votes that actually "count" are those of the five / six members of the EUC board who are “allowed" to vote… they vote obviously for themselves,, why wouldn’t they, they have a lot to gain. .
How many of them actually own properties in CE; perhaps Fadesa still own a few,, that have not been taken back by the banks. And if so, have they paid all their fees, who knows,, only they do because they are on the board. Does the deputy mayor own a property and if so has he paid his fees ? Yet he gets to vote and even be president.. Same goes for the other board members, the treasurer, the secretary and so on,,, have they all paid their fees, who knows - yet they are entitled to their vote.

As illegal as the EUC is, at this moment it still exists, so the question again, at this time, given the seriousness of the pending change of administrator and to use a familiar favourite, “better the devil you know”,,, what exactly are the new CERA board members going to do to stop this potentially worrying situation before it becomes a reality, and yet another disappointment.

You seem very well informed yourself with whats going on and given your obvious interest it maybe a good idea to offer your assistance to the new Cera Committee volunteers with the task
Old Jun 5th 2014, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

there are a lot of very well informed folk about but as soon as they voice an opinion, they tend to get shot down on here and around costa esuri... it is weird how so far, on this topic, the trolls haven't arrived "yet".... maybe the tides are turning,,, only time and more experience will tell.
in the meantime, CERA, no thanks, like you said,, "well informed" so will continue to happily avoid it... not saying all, but most of this "new board" are pretty much the same as the last... yeah, it will take a while for the next penny to drop, but,,, time and experience will tell all !.....
Old Jun 5th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Positive

Hi Al

Its clear that you are dubious about CERA... and you have every right to be, based on history.

The new board have only just been set set up, and there are lots of challenges to face on day 1... This new 'arrangement' .. lawsuits etc.

I am giving CERA my full support..... for now. Even after many disappointments - I continue to live in hope! Its a new board with some new members, and I will give them time to get going and prove themselves.

I know you are not convinced (neither am I for the moment) but CERA is not 'my' new board... I just hope that they will deliver.... and I personally want to support this new initiative... give 'em a chance.

If it fails .. then ... more the fool me.... I will buy you lunch and will eat humble pie! And I doubt I will ever join another group.. And then just have fun with the wonderful people I know in CE.

Jon