Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Estepa, Sevilla

Estepa, Sevilla

Old Oct 30th 2010, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

karmasue is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Estepa, Sevilla

Any ex pats living in Estepa, Sevilla? Love to know if there is anyone and how many.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estepa, Sevilla

Yes a very small number. But there is no ex-pat "Community" as such with social gatherings etc.

If you are looking for that, you have chosen the wrong place.

But if you can speak/learn Spanish it's a great friendly place to be.

Last edited by big wheels; Oct 30th 2010 at 11:25 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops!

Last edited by agoreira; Oct 31st 2010 at 8:26 am.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Estepa, Sevilla

Thanks for the replies.

At the moment I race between Estepa and Scotland, hopefully soon I will be in Estepa all the time. Yes it is a lovely friendly place and so beautiful, I am studying Spanish at the moment so already I have made spanish friends there. I was just interested in how many Brits were around. I am very happy integrating with the locals who have been so helpful and putting up with my atrocious spanish! Yes, their dialect is taking a bit of time getting used to but who cares when they include me in their lives! I just follow their ways and they love to point me in the right direction, for places to go, how things are done etc. The tradespeople have been great - on the ball faster than the tradespeople over here despite what I was warned! Cant' wait to be there all the time - I always have to give them a good excuse as to why I have to keep going back to Scotland but just now I have to because of my husbands job here. Heres to being in Estepa!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 1:18 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Estepa is nice, I cycled there once Well I stopped overnight at a little hotel there whilst cycling through Spain.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

You cycled through Spain! Well we want to take our bikes over to the house - on the back on the car! Then when we get there we are hoping to cycle along the finca roads to the next towns, but NOT in the oven temperature of summer!! Maybe another time for the whole of Spain
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karmasue
but NOT in the oven temperature of summer!!
Yes, that's one thing that I wouldn't really fancy, it can get unbearably hot in the summer.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Yes, that's one thing that I wouldn't really fancy, it can get unbearably hot in the summer.
I like Estepa. But theres a pizza shop there selling (possibly) the worst Pizzas in Europe!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Nice polvorones (if you like that sort of thing.) Yum!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

yes from October the smell of baking cakes drifts through the streets. Yummy! Not tried the pizza place yet though but think we will stay clear!!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice

Any ex pats living in Estepa, Sevilla? Love to know if there is anyone and how many.
Hi there,

Estepa is an absolutely beautiful place, we spend a great deal of time at de Roya in the stunning pine forest. We are based approximately 15 minutes away from Estepa in Marinaleda. Though neither location has an expat 'community' of great number I guess most of us have chosen to live inland for this reason.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:49 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

You cycled through Spain! Well we want to take our bikes over to the house - on the back on the car! Then when we get there we are hoping to cycle along the finca roads to the next towns, but NOT in the oven temperature of summer!! Maybe another time for the whole of Spain
Hi, yes i dont want to hijack this thread but http://www.gibraltartoyorkshire.co.uk shows my journey.

Yeah I did like Estepa and that whole region. Nearby is Montoro which was just woah! Yes very hot in the summer. I was seeing temperatures hitting the 40s. Lovely Prefer that than the cold of the UK any day!

Personally Id feel isolated away from an English speaking community. But I am young free and single. Maybe in the future when Im older, retired, just want to chill and enjoy the peace (Speak better spanish) etc i would prefer it more.