Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Estate Agents (reliable) Websites

Estate Agents (reliable) Websites

Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:31 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Estate Agents (reliable) Websites

Originally Posted by spain
The only thing I would be wary of if an agent covers a very large area is they will usually work with other agents swapping properties - therefore sometimes you will be paying double or even triple the % commission - UNLESS you get a very good agent who agrees to share the original agents % - but that doesnt happen very often

just something else to be aware of in the buying minefield

Hi all,
I have heard that agents (don't know if it is some, or all) charge the buyer and/or the seller. In such instances, would the commission be the same for both or half for each?
Is it possible to buy without paying commission? Or have I drifted into the realms of never never land?

I would be very intersested in answers to above from anyone who has already purchased in Spain.

Thankee kindly !
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate Agents (reliable) Websites

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi all,
I have heard that agents (don't know if it is some, or all) charge the buyer and/or the seller. In such instances, would the commission be the same for both or half for each?
Is it possible to buy without paying commission? Or have I drifted into the realms of never never land?

I would be very intersested in answers to above from anyone who has already purchased in Spain.

Thankee kindly !
generally it is the buyer who pays the commission as it is included in the advertised price of a property/land eg if the owner wants 200,000 the agent will advertise it for say 210,000 and take their cut from that

I only personally know of 1 agent that charges the buyer on top of the advertised price and that is Cuspide - the advertised price does not include commission (which they are not forthcoming in telling you, so basically you view the property THEN they tell you its a few thousand more ) so I would avoid them ( unless their policy has changed since I was house hunting)
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisw
ps the only way you can avoid paying commission is to buy direct from the owner
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

www.kyero.com They have lots of houses in different area's and the estate agents are all on there as well
xxxx
Old Mar 8th 2007, 3:17 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

we tried several but we used www.spanishfarmhouses.com great people brought are property through them helped us with every thing cannot fault them at all the after service is great . we still pop in to them when we are in the area and have a drink with them they even visited when we had moved in and took us out for a meal .
Old Mar 12th 2007, 6:30 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Estate Agents (reliable) Websites

Thanks again everyone. Just having a nosey through all those links now
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mikelincs
We used Parador Properties, and had no problmes, but we were buying a resale, so all properties were perfectly legal with all paperwork.
Not a very good report on Parador Properties on 'Selling Houses Abroad' on C4 tonight.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You beat me to it, Derek. Quote from the brief interview with a representative of Parador Porperties 'That's not how we would expect a lawyer to act' Well, why do you recommend him then!

There was also a clear description of the difference between the English and Spanish legal 'professions' (if you can call it that)

In the UK a lawyer will ask questions on your behalf.

In Spain you have to ask the questions and insist that the lawyer gets the answers.

For example, if you don't specifically ask if a property has a building permit LFO etc. you won't be told.