Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Estate Agent Refuses To Show Us A Property!

Estate Agent Refuses To Show Us A Property!

Old Feb 1st 2007, 2:53 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Estate Agent Refuses To Show Us A Property!

We saw a property we were interested in on a website, and e-mailed the EA.We had a reply back making a whole-day appointment. We then pointed out that we only wanted to see the ONE property and he has now e-mailed back saying that in that case, he will have to cancel our appointment as he wants it to be an 'interactive experience' and he wants us to look at several houses so that he can 'build on experience'. He won't show us just one house.

Now maybe it's me but doesn't this approach seem a little counter-productive? He's now lost a potential sale.

I wonder what the vendors would say if they knew?

Anyone else come across this strange way of doing business?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 2:58 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default Re: Estate Agent Refuses To Show Us A Property!

funny thing is sometimes the agent no longer has the property on his books and doesnt always remember to remove it. I bet if you look around at other agents you will find the said property on with someone else, pat
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:01 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

He said it is still for sale.

Good idea though to look for another agent.....they may well have it listed too.

I'll do that.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
We saw a property we were interested in on a website, and e-mailed the EA.We had a reply back making a whole-day appointment. We then pointed out that we only wanted to see the ONE property and he has now e-mailed back saying that in that case, he will have to cancel our appointment as he wants it to be an 'interactive experience' and he wants us to look at several houses so that he can 'build on experience'. He won't show us just one house.

Now maybe it's me but doesn't this approach seem a little counter-productive? He's now lost a potential sale.

Oh that one has just been sold but we have this and this at a slightly higher price. LOL
As patsy says have a look on other sites, there are usually various prices for the same property also.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:13 pm
Ex Expat

Funnily enough, we have had dealings with this agent before, 3 1/2 years ago when we were house-hunting the first time.

We did actually make a day's appointment with him and then at least a week beforehand, decided we no longer wanted that area and cancelled our viewing.

He sent us a really sarcastic e-mail in response.

At least we cancelled in plenty of time. We could just have not turned up!

I think he's rather a bully. I also think he can't be ar$ed to get off his backside and come out to show us one house.

We have printed the house details off, it says more or less where it is in the village. Wel'll have a look round and see if we can find it on our own.

Last edited by scampicat; Feb 1st 2007 at 3:16 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

northsammi is an unknown quantity at this point

Funnily enough, we have had dealings with this agent before, 3 1/2 years ago when we were house-hunting the first time.

We did actually make a day's appointment with him and then at least a week beforehand, decided we no longer wanted that area and cancelled our viewing.

He sent us a really sarcastic e-mail in response.

At least we cancelled in plenty of time. We could just have not turned up!

I think he's rather a bully. I also think he can't be ar$ed to get off his backside and come out to show us one house.

We have printed the house details off, it says more or less where it is in the village. Wel'll have a look round and see if we can find it on our own.
good luck and if you like it enough lets hope you "do" him out of his commission
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:11 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Would be interested to know who this agent is, maybe you could PM me?
Sometimes, as said above, you can find the same property on more than one website - try entering pertinent details of the property (location, size, pool, other key words from the agent's description etc) into Google and you'll be surprised what turns up, ditto with property search engines such as kyero or thinkspain. Or, if you know roughly where the property is, go and find it for yourself, if there's no private for sale sign on it or it's empty go and ask in the local bars for the corredor de propiedades. You may save yourself thousands for a few hours legwork. Good luck!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like that property was just a 'Hook', either it has been sold, or it was never for sale, buyer beware.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

"Funnily enough, we have had dealings with this agent before, 3 1/2 years ago when we were house-hunting the first time.

He sent us a really sarcastic e-mail in response."

Don't take offence but he may consider you to be 'wasters' your name may have been left on his 'puter from last time with a marker against it and perhaps he thinks you'll cancel again, I'm sure that a lot of people, ex pats in particular, do waste a lot of the agents time but still no excuse for that sort of treatment. As stated you are almost bound to find the same property on another agents site possibly at a cheaper price. Good luck