Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Estate Agent Blues

Estate Agent Blues

Old Sep 26th 2013, 4:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Estate Agent Blues

So .... what would you say to an estate agent that actually started to remove electrical items and furniture included in a villa sale without the knowledge of the seller or buyer .... and then told the buyer that the car that was sold with the villa wasn't included in the sale (when it was), and then tried to sell it to the buyer separately without the sellers knowledge.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate Agent Blues

A lot of unladylike words that can not be put of a public forum. ! Is there somewhere it is worth reporting them too ?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it doesn't really matter to me so much because the sale went through and I got my money, but I've only discovered all this after I became in contact with the new owner to help him with the alarm system.

How people can be so dishonest, I just don't know. Especially as I was paying them good money

Its pure dishonesty and theft basically
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well, it doesn't really matter to me so much because the sale went through and I got my money, but I've only discovered all this after I became in contact with the new owner to help him with the alarm system.

How people can be so dishonest, I just don't know. Especially as I was paying them good money

Its pure dishonesty and theft basically
Can't you denounce them? Or is it too complicated to do that if you're no longer in the country?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:31 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I would try to name and shame them (I know you can't on here). There are some other scam websites. You would be doing the others a favour who have listed with them.

On the other hand you could just thank your lucky stars you are out of it
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:15 pm
Senior Moment

I could thank my lucky stars, but this really sums up what dealing with many people in Spain is like. I feel so sorry for the man who bought our place because this is his introduction to Spain

Two things have now emerged, and one of them is significantly important ... you judge which it is

Firstly, the buyer apparently paid €10k more than I was told it sold for
Secondly, I havent paid the estate agents fees yet.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:34 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

How did you not see the details in the paperwork written by the notary?
Things like inventory and price was written into our contract.
How can agent transfer the car into someone elses name if he was not named on the documents? there must have been someone else involved with that transaction, no?

There is an agent here in Galicia who sells ruins to expats with a lot of old bits and bobs included in the price. The purchasers see that these items have been removed after the sale. The agent says that the family that owned the property before removed them. There is no proof as they were not included in the inventory.

I should say congrats on the sale as in this climate you done well to move on so quickly.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:42 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
How did you not see the details in the paperwork written by the notary?
Things like inventory and price was written into our contract.
How can agent transfer the car into someone elses name if he was not named on the documents? there must have been someone else involved with that transaction, no?

I wasn't there mate, my solicitor had a POA.
I'm a little bemused myself.
The agent had signed transfer documents to transfer the car into the new name, trouble is he didn't bother.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:47 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is bugger. The solicitor may not have acted in your interest either.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

You would have thought that between a solicitor, a notary, an estate agent then one of them would have picked up the anomalies.

Is the entire country really so corrupt?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:59 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, the buyer apparently paid €10k more than I was told it sold for
Secondly, I havent paid the estate agents fees yet.
I wouldn't pay the agent, inform them they have broken the contract between you. give an appropriate sum to the buyer and pocket the rest.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but what did the buyer's solicitor do? Shouldn't have been his responsibility to ensure the inventory is agreed and then handed over?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

So .... what would you say to an estate agent that actually started to remove electrical items and furniture included in a villa sale without the knowledge of the seller or buyer .... and then told the buyer that the car that was sold with the villa wasn't included in the sale (when it was), and then tried to sell it to the buyer separately without the sellers knowledge.
Shocking behaviour, but personally I'm not shocked.
Where estate agents in Spain are concerned, nothing surprises me anymore.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:42 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I was starting to believe this sort of thing was slowly becoming too risky in Spain. Apparently not.

And for those of you who would claim this stuff never happens here, well, sorry, it still does.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy

Is the entire country really so corrupt?
Yes from theTOP down corruption is the norm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.