Ensaladas

Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Ensaladas

If anyone fancies making some nice, summer salads and practicing their Spanish at the same time here´s a pdf for you.

42 salad recipes with instructions in Spanish.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ensaladas.pdf (819.7 KB, 161 views)
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ensaladas

Originally Posted by Veleta
If anyone fancies making some nice, summer salads and practicing their Spanish at the same time here´s a pdf for you.

42 salad recipes with instructions in Spanish.
Some lovely recipes here that I shall be trying out including vegetarian ones.

My eldest daughter is vegetarian so I can wow her when she comes to visit.

You know Spain and vegetarians dont exactly go together.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Some lovely recipes here that I shall be trying out including vegetarian ones.

My eldest daughter is vegetarian so I can wow her when she comes to visit.

You know Spain and vegetarians dont exactly go together.
I just wondered over this side of the forum to find out about vegetarian food in Spain and this is the first thread I found

My OH was working in Spain over the past few weeks and was complaining about the lack of veggie food. I guess on the positive side he'll probably loose weight while he's there
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I just wondered over this side of the forum to find out about vegetarian food in Spain and this is the first thread I found

My OH was working in Spain over the past few weeks and was complaining about the lack of veggie food. I guess on the positive side he'll probably loose weight while he's there
If hes a veggie then I would think he would lose weight.

It is always a nightmare to find food that is meat free.

Even the regular salad comes with tuna on top most of the time.

They just dont understand the concept of being vegetarian.

I think the best weve come up with eating out with her is the parrilla de verduras.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
If hes a veggie then I would think he would lose weight.

It is always a nightmare to find food that is meat free.

Even the regular salad comes with tuna on top most of the time.

They just dont understand the concept of being vegetarian.

I think the best weve come up with eating out with her is the parrilla de verduras.
I'll tell him to look out for that on menu's when he's back in Spain next month

He's moved on to France today, I never thought I'd see the day he'd be glad to get to France to eat some decent veggie food
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll tell him to look out for that on menu's when he's back in Spain next month

He's moved on to France today, I never thought I'd see the day he'd be glad to get to France to eat some decent veggie food
Or the vegetable paella.

But I bet the stock its cooked isnt meat free.

She has been so hungry at times that I said just eat it and assume its veggie stock.

Tortilla de patatas is ok and there is lots of it about but you cant survive on tortilla alone.

When you see him again prepare one of the lovely recipes listed here
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

The Spanish gastronomy has many vegetables,legumes...A good example would be a part of the Spanish gastronomy, the mediterranean diet
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:37 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
The Spanish gastronomy has many vegetables,legumes...A good example would be a part of the Spanish gastronomy, the mediterranean diet
LOL. We know it has vegetables, it's just that very rarely do restaurants (outside of big cities) prepare and incorporate them into anything decently resembling main dishes, or sometimes even side dishes, that vegetarians can eat! As a veggie, eating out in Spain is not generally an enjoyable experience unless you have a particular fondness for tortilla de patatas
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

This is my incentive to learn spanish, i just love meditteranean food, esp the salads...............perhaps we will find someone in pego to give us a few lessons for the month we are there in october..........we will certainly do our best
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

If you are in Costa Del Sol, Terra Sana has a good selection of salads and vegetarian sanwiches.

http://www.terrasana.net/location.php
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to take a look at that website very un user friendly, info on a centre panel to narrow for all wording to be seen, scroll down function weird and the the menus barely readable even when clicked on.

Vegetable only dishes like the aubergine and honey, tomato stuffed with flaked fish, red pepper stuffed with saly cod, roasted green peppers, potatoes with garlic and onion, spinach and chickpeas, plain tortilla are good. If you eat fish then sword fish ot tuna steaks are delicious, shellish eater then prawns however you want them, plain, with garlic, spicy, clams, mussles, crab.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
As a veggie, eating out in Spain is not generally an enjoyable experience unless you have a particular fondness for tortilla de patatas
This is certainly my OH experience and he doesn't have the option to cook for himself. I should have mentioned what makes it even worse for my OH he's actually vegan.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is certainly my OH experience and he doesn't have the option to cook for himself. I should have mentioned what makes it even worse for my OH he's actually vegan.
Oh my.

My daughter is fussy ie gelatine, no fish etc.

But vegan - how does he ever manage to eat anything?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

If he only sticks to Spanish restaurants, it would be quite difficult. But, international cuisine is well represented in Spain. For example, there are Indian restaurants all over the coast and in the major cities.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
If he only sticks to Spanish restaurants, it would be quite difficult. But, international cuisine is well represented in Spain. For example, there are Indian restaurants all over the coast and in the major cities.
Ummmmmm!

Lets eat indian every night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying that I could eat chinese often.

No excuses.

Spain is not the ideal place for vegetarian cuisine.

But at home, at your own choice, your palete can overfloweth with flavours and textures of veg that you just never see in the UK shops.

Not sure about the quorn meat though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.