English TV

Old Jun 17th 2019, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

NorahB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English TV

Hi there in sunny Ayamonte,
Im just wondering if anyone has successfully used the NOW tv Smart Stick to get some English TV channels or used a chromecast device for streaming ? Any info would be great .
Old Jun 20th 2019, 11:27 am
Just Joined

RLJMarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English TV

Hi. I’ve used a Nowtv stick in Marina since they allowed roaming. Priinet was a bit dodgy at first, had to go for the faster speed to get it to work smoothly, it still kept going blocky & almost impossible to watch. Priinet has improved though (fingers crossed it stays that way) & we kept up to date with Game Of Thrones & watched several films without problems in May. The only issue is that twice Nowtv have turned off my roaming, even though the stick was unplugged & removed from my devices list. Not confident it’ll work next time we go, even though we’ve watched loads back in the UK on several devices, it seems that, unless you bring the stick back & use it in the UK, they still recognise you as watching in Spain. Don’t want to keep on unplugging & packing it every time we come home. Netflix & Amazon Prime work perfectly on the Samsung smart tv I bought at Carrefour however, we can watch seemlessly between the uk & Spain,
Old Jun 20th 2019, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

NorahB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a million for the reply . We just arrived here last night and already struggling with Prii net .
I held off on bringing the Now TV Stick and just brought a chromecast but we may just rely on the HDMI cable again once we have the internet sorted 😩.
Of course we may end up buying a smart TV to make life easier . Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 6:13 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

You may find it easier to get an IPTV streaming box rather than Chromecast or Now TV stick. They are easy to set up and free to receive TV through the internet. I have used one since losing the satellite TV and am happy with what I can watch free of charge

Davexf