British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   English speaking fitness classes in Valencia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/english-speaking-fitness-classes-valencia-922168/)

Malk Feb 18th 2019 10:40 am

English speaking fitness classes in Valencia

Hi,
Searched on the internet but cannot find any fitness classes (Zumba, step etc. the easy ones for an oldie) that are run in Valencia.
Can anyone advise please.
In UK the instructors describe what they are expecting us to do rather than just follow their actions, so english would be essential.
Many thanks

FranE Feb 18th 2019 3:32 pm

Re: English speaking fitness classes in Valencia

I've done Zumba, step, and Zumba Gold over many year in various locations both in Spain and the UK. In my experience it's the norm to just follow the instructor; I've never been to a class where it's all explained.in advance. OK, it might take a few classes to pick up the routines, but that's the same for everyone. Stand in the back row and have a go! No-one's looking at you - everyone's eyes are glued to the instructor! Doesn't matter if you don't get it exactly right anyway, you're still exercising.

Google "Zumba Valencia". There are loads. Zumba Gold - not so much.

Malk Feb 18th 2019 3:49 pm

Thanks.
I specifically asked for information on English speaking classes.
I know of many places for Spanish classes but I am only interested if anyone knows of English classes

Monkey104 Feb 19th 2019 9:24 am

Try joining the ‘ Expats in Valencia ‘ Facebook page. It’s a wonderful source of information from folk living in and around the Valencia region.
Not of interest to me but I have seen many posters advertising fitness classes in Valencia.
its a great page for local knowledge.

Malk Feb 19th 2019 9:33 am

Please could I ONLY have responses for people that know the answer. I have obviously looked on the internet and found many gym and classes but none with English teachers.
I appreciate people offering advice but I really only want to hear answers to my original question.

Monkey104 Feb 19th 2019 9:42 am

Good grief! You do know that it may be that no one has the answer but can point you in the right direction.
I think that reply may put people off helping you.
Good Luck!

bob_bob Feb 19th 2019 9:02 pm

Someone may know the answer Malk but you are so curt and rude they may just not bother replying to you.

spouse of scouse Feb 19th 2019 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Malk (Post 12639232)
Please could I ONLY have responses for people that know the answer. I have obviously looked on the internet and found many gym and classes but none with English teachers.
I appreciate people offering advice but I really only want to hear answers to my original question.

British Expats is an open forum. You don't get to dictate what people post, and you're quite at liberty to scroll past posts that don't interest you.