Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Paper in Cadiz

English Paper in Cadiz

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:46 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default English Paper in Cadiz

Was asked yesterday if a Newspaper exists in Cadiz for expats. I know the bi-monthly La Luz magazine, but I wonder if there is a dedicated newspaper?

I know that a couple of the Costa del Sol papers tried to do something by putting in a few pages about Cadiz but I don't know how successful that was.

Can anyone help??
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Paper in Cadiz

Hi,
Have you looked at andalucia.com (News & Media)?
There also might still be the Stars and Stripes (military) newspaper for the La Rota base.
Regards,
Carol
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:13 pm
rfc
Just Joined

rfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Was asked yesterday if a Newspaper exists in Cadiz for expats. I know the bi-monthly La Luz magazine, but I wonder if there is a dedicated newspaper?

I know that a couple of the Costa del Sol papers tried to do something by putting in a few pages about Cadiz but I don't know how successful that was.

Can anyone help??
Being back in the the UK now I'm a little bit out of the loop but there is no significant newspaper presence. La Guadiana came and went after a couple of editions. Euro weekly still makes it way up sometimes.

I don't think the big C. del Sol papers could really sustain a presence in Cadiz. The big advertisers want to see more expats in Cadiz before spending big. Also SUR makes an absolute fortune from small ads which rely on a huge expat readership. The C. del Sol papers are padded out with national news and esoteric items which could be published in any part of Spain. The local news in those papers tends to police reports and expat-led social scene stuff, which can't be sustained in Cadiz.

If laluz could publish more regularly than bi-monthly, it would be great.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:23 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the Sur in English had expanded to Cadiz province, and they have Costa Luz sections in there. So hopefully youll find that out there.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I definitely saw the Sur in English for sale when I was over a couple of weeks ago. I think it was in the Commercial Centre at Novo Sancti Petri.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

We have thirteen! weekly and monthly papers and magazines in English in eastern Almeria (Sur in English not included). These vary from 'wonderful' (mine) to 'terrible' - most of the others!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:45 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
I thought the Sur in English had expanded to Cadiz province, and they have Costa Luz sections in there. So hopefully youll find that out there.
Originally Posted by dazzle
I definitely saw the Sur in English for sale when I was over a couple of weeks ago. I think it was in the Commercial Centre at Novo Sancti Petri.

Thanks both. I've passed the info on.

Sur in English IMHO doesn't count as it is a Costa del Sol paper- In its 80 pages or whatever it is, I seem to recall them dedicating just three or four pages to Cadiz and nealry all ads were about Costa del Sol. No real reader value for readers outside the Costa del Sol area.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Thanks both. I've passed the info on.

Sur in English IMHO doesn't count as it is a Costa del Sol paper- In its 80 pages or whatever it is, I seem to recall them dedicating just three or four pages to Cadiz and nealry all ads were about Costa del Sol. No real reader value for readers outside the Costa del Sol area.

I guess then that the expat population on the Costa de la Luz is probably not high enough to warrant it's own weekly newspaper or magazine.

If it's adverts you want then La Luz magazine carries alot that are aimed at the British as does mycadiz.biz