English nurses

Old Jun 21st 2015, 11:14 am
Just Joined

gbull1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English nurses

was just wondering now if there was any English nurses who have moved out to Spain? We're in the process of just starting to look any advice would be welcome
Old Jun 21st 2015, 12:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English nurses

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 21st 2015, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean to practice in a spanish hospital? If so your RCN registration would not be recognised, although you could do a conversion course I have no knowledge of anywhere that actually offers the conversion. Aside from that you would have to be fully conversant in Spanish.

You may have more luck on the islands who employ english nurses but only during the summer period because of the amount of expats! But again I don't think you can practice, you are just there as a basic medical interpreter.

There are a couple of agencies who employ english registered nurses but these are private organisations who give nursing care in peoples homes. However what the legal angle would be with them if something should happen to the patient I have no idea.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute

There are many Spanish nurses desperate for work, many are moving to the UK and Germany to find work so even finding a job would be difficult. I looked into it years ago and without the language its almost impossible. I know that there were a few agency's opening up offering nursing care to expats on the coast. When I was looking different regions had different criteria for filling vacant posts (in the state system), posts were not advertised like they are in the UK its a bit like a clearing house you were on the list with points by your name and when a post that you match comes up you get considered for it. I donĀ“t know if that has changed in the last 6 years as I decided new life new career but I do know that in our area the teaching jobs in the state system are still allocated in this way. Have you considered continuing to work in the UK with an agency that provides live in nursing they advertise placements a lot in the expat press 2 weeks on then 3-4 weeks in Spain. I know of one spanish nurse locally who has just returned from 3 years in the UK she has managed to get a very part time post in a private clinic whilst trying to collate evidence of what she has done in the UK for the last 3 years so that she can try to get into the state system but she says she is running into a lot of problems. I did not look into working in the private sector over here but it may be easier to get a job in a private hospital or clinic if you have really good spanish. The other possibility is to look into teaching medical english for all the nurses looking to work in the UK, I got approached in the street to help some nurses with this obviously as soon as they get a job you lose your clients as they leave very quickly for the UK.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: English nurses

Originally Posted by gbull1984
was just wondering now if there was any English nurses who have moved out to Spain? We're in the process of just starting to look any advice would be welcome
Keep your job in the UK and commute for the week while you are working. We have a friend who works in a hospital in Bolton doing night shifts and that suits her fine. She is here at the weekend and for all her holidays. Her son went to school here and her husband is a builder here so it is possible.