Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Newspapers

English Newspapers

Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Post English Newspapers

My parents are staying with us at the moment and would like to buy an English newspaper. Anyone out there know where we can buy one in Chiclana?? In Eroski the newsagents who used to sell these has closed down.
Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English Newspapers

There is a shop in Novo Sancti Petri shopping complex that sells English papers. Also in the San Fernando shopping centre there is a news agents that sells them.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Hizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
My parents are staying with us at the moment and would like to buy an English newspaper. Anyone out there know where we can buy one in Chiclana?? In Eroski the newsagents who used to sell these has closed down.
Thanks
They could always read the free online versions.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hizz
They could always read the free online versions.
Yes that is what I do but they are very elderly and want to do the crosswords!!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
There is a shop in Novo Sancti Petri shopping complex that sells English papers. Also in the San Fernando shopping centre there is a news agents that sells them.
Many thanks for that, I presume you mean in Bahia Sur when you mention San Fernando??
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Clive C is an unknown quantity at this point

Also on the red cross roundabout in Barrosa, a beach shop selling papers and mags.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clive C
Also on the red cross roundabout in Barrosa, a beach shop selling papers and mags.
Excellent shop in Commercial Centre sells all British newspapers and good English cards. Also shop next to Cita bar in Barossa and you can get a sunday paper there too.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Thanks
In no where they can get the sport updates if they need it
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by glynis
Excellent shop in Commercial Centre sells all British newspapers and good English cards. Also shop next to Cita bar in Barossa and you can get a sunday paper there too.

you all seem to be settling in to spanish life well !!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mourinho
you all seem to be settling in to spanish life well !!
Well, they are printed in Spain
I have never bought one, the rip off price put me off years ago
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Well, they are printed in Spain
I have never bought one, the rip off price put me off years ago
I have to confess to buying 2 Sunday papers in the whole year we have been here, but I do sneak a look at the headlines if I go past a shop selling them, and there are often copies to read in a couple of cafes we sometimes go to, but the news in those may well be a couple of days old. I can get all UK news I want on line anyway.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all

I read them online with Press Display daily... cannot find them printed where I am in the USA so online will have to do.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

The best place for English papers is the Enlinea stationers, beside Cita bar in the Aldea del Coto centro commercial (on left on way to Barrossa). They have excellent selection of (today´s) broadsheets and tabloids, also a brilliant selection of 2nd hand English books.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by culchie
The best place for English papers is the Enlinea stationers, beside Cita bar in the Aldea del Coto centro commercial (on left on way to Barrossa). They have excellent selection of (today´s) broadsheets and tabloids, also a brilliant selection of 2nd hand English books.
yes they do but the books are very expensive
Old Oct 20th 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

I don´t think 6 euros is that expensive - the books are in perfect nick and all the latest bestsellers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.