Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Energy certification

Energy certification

Old May 18th 2014, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Energy certification

Just had the energy certification done. What a joke, especially the recommendations. These people live in cloud cuckoo land. My total heating over the last 3 years has not cost more than 60 euros per annum. The recommendations make no sense at all, according to these, if I spend the money for new windows, wall insulation etc, It will give me back more than I use, in fact twice as much, Does Santa Claus send the money out at Christmas?
Nowhere in the calcs does location come into the equation, maybe if my house was in Oslo, fair enough but on the Costa del Sol..... Yet another reason not to vote for any Euro wally or wallyess. Apart from the fact that after 6 yrs of residency here, we get the voting papers for the previous owners but one (10yrs ago), and we ARE residents.....nothing for us......
M
Old May 18th 2014, 11:17 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Energy certification

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Just had the energy certification done. What a joke, especially the recommendations. These people live in cloud cuckoo land. My total heating over the last 3 years has not cost more than 60 euros per annum. The recommendations make no sense at all, according to these, if I spend the money for new windows, wall insulation etc, It will give me back more than I use, in fact twice as much, Does Santa Claus send the money out at Christmas?
Nowhere in the calcs does location come into the equation, maybe if my house was in Oslo, fair enough but on the Costa del Sol..... Yet another reason not to vote for any Euro wally or wallyess. Apart from the fact that after 6 yrs of residency here, we get the voting papers for the previous owners but one (10yrs ago), and we ARE residents.....nothing for us......
M
it is a recommendation you don't have to do what they say

before I left the UK we had one of these young girls come round, clip board and dark suit, didn't look at how much of the loft had insulation and how thick it was. don't even remember her having a ruler. all over in 10 mins.
but she did manage to make a big thing of all the lights in the house having energy saving lighting - as if that would mean anything if the next person decided to put in filament types.

as you say, waste of time
Old May 19th 2014, 4:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
M
if you did happen to want to vote you need to register to do it, separately

it's too late to register for the EU elections, but if you want to vote in your local elections next year, go to where you registered on the padrón & register to vote

simples
Old May 19th 2014, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

We are registered to vote. Today another 4 letters addressed to the previous owners but one and one for the present resident.
Old May 19th 2014, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are registered to vote but receive only bumph for the others. Today another 4 letters addressed to the previous owners but one and one for the present resident. We shall not vote as we do not consider any of the representatives/parties being worth voting for......
Pls do not come back with the old cra% about if you don't vote etc.
Where is Le Pen or the equivalent in Spain? A no vote is still an opinion.
M