British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Endesa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/endesa-612903/)

ashtondav Jun 4th 2009 10:43 am

Endesa

Hi

I have not received a paper electricity bill for the last 6 months. I guess the postman is binning them, or shoving them into other apartments' letterboxes.

Needless to say I am being direct debited each month. To try and work out my usage and meter readings I thought I might go online, however in trying to do so at some stage I am asked for details from my last bill! Since I have no bills due to kind Sr. Posty I am stuck.:confused:

Is the only solution to go to an Endesa shop (I assume they exist?) and if so will my NIE suffice or do you think I better take an old bill, escritura, passport, name of mother's first boyfriend etc etc.

chrismortley Jun 4th 2009 11:13 am

Re: Endesa

Originally Posted by ashtondav (Post 7632974)
Hi

I have not received a paper electricity bill for the last 6 months. I guess the postman is binning them, or shoving them into other apartments' letterboxes.

Needless to say I am being direct debited each month. To try and work out my usage and meter readings I thought I might go online, however in trying to do so at some stage I am asked for details from my last bill! Since I have no bills due to kind Sr. Posty I am stuck.:confused:

Is the only solution to go to an Endesa shop (I assume they exist?) and if so will my NIE suffice or do you think I better take an old bill, escritura, passport, name of mother's first boyfriend etc etc.

They do exist , where is your location ?

ashtondav Jun 4th 2009 11:34 am

Nerja.

chrismortley Jun 4th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by ashtondav (Post 7633160)
Nerja.

Sorry I can't help you with your nearest office location as we are in Ayamonte.
I would think it's a good idea to take everything including the kitchen sink when you do go though .

Sharon B Jun 4th 2009 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by chrismortley (Post 7633220)
Sorry I can't help you with your nearest office location as we are in Ayamonte.
I would think it's a good idea to take everything including the kitchen sink when you do go though .

Sooooo true :rofl::rofl:

jdr Jun 4th 2009 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by ashtondav (Post 7632974)
Hi

Just put on the details of your last bill then, this is just probably to let them know who you are and when to start the online bills from.

snikpoh Jun 4th 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7633363)
Just put on the details of your last bill then, this is just probably to let them know who you are and when to start the online bills from.

What details from what bill? - he said he hasn't had one or am I being thick:unsure:

jdr Jun 4th 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 7633403)
What details from what bill? - he said he hasn't had one or am I being thick:unsure:

For the last six months, must be since they changed from 2 month bills.

snikpoh Jun 4th 2009 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7633444)

....Oops, well spotted (unless he's only had the service for 6 months)

ashtondav Jun 4th 2009 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7633444)

Coincidentally, yes. The last (paper bill) I got was in October.

And no, I don't therefore have my most recent bill.

Beachcomber Jun 4th 2009 7:06 pm

But the nĂºmero de contrato de suministro, which is probably what they are asking for, doesn't change so you should be able to register using this from a previous bill.

Fred James Jun 4th 2009 8:12 pm

If you are trying to register online, it's not as simple as that.

It's just for security and anyone could know your contract number but they would not necessarily know the amount of your last bill - that's why they ask for the amount of the bill.

A trip in person to the local office with adequate ID would be the best bet.

Beachcomber Jun 5th 2009 12:05 pm

He will know the amount of his last bill through his direct debit payment.

ashtondav Jun 5th 2009 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Beachcomber (Post 7637012)
He will know the amount of his last bill through his direct debit payment.

I don't think they're asking for the amount of the last bill. The web application page asks for the number of the last bill. And that is not shown on my bank account when the debit is taken.

If i have got this wrong and they ARE asking for the amount of the last bill please let me know.

Thanks for all the help.