Reload this Page >

Elviria or Mijas costa

Elviria or Mijas costa

Old Oct 22nd 2014, 9:26 am
Just Joined

badge1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Elviria or Mijas costa

Hi,

I am relocating to Spain from Scotland with my family and we are looking for a place in a golf complex or complex to start with, We are looking for somewhere where there is good ex pat community and for us to meet people. My son will be 3 next year i work away for a month so its also for my wife and son to meet people and not feel isolated while im away!

We have looked at some places online in Elviria and also Mijas golf area so any information would be greatly appreciated. I am coming over to Spain next week and Amie and Caillen will come out a few days later so we can have a look and also at schools. If anyone can help who knows the area with some information would be a great help.

Thanks

Ian
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elviria or Mijas costa

Originally Posted by badge1978
Hi,

I am relocating to Spain from Scotland with my family and we are looking for a place in a golf complex or complex to start with, We are looking for somewhere where there is good ex pat community and for us to meet people. My son will be 3 next year i work away for a month so its also for my wife and son to meet people and not feel isolated while im away!

We have looked at some places online in Elviria and also Mijas golf area so any information would be greatly appreciated. I am coming over to Spain next week and Amie and Caillen will come out a few days later so we can have a look and also at schools. If anyone can help who knows the area with some information would be a great help.

Thanks

Ian
No offence, but I don't think a golf complex would be the right environment for a child. He's still young and Ok if it's temporary, but then again why not find a decent place from the start?
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 10:47 am
Just Joined

None taken, we were just thinking of a gated complex or somewhere that's safe while I'm out the country for a month just until we get to know the area that's why we were thinking that that's all. Do you stay there at all?
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

None taken, we were just thinking of a gated complex or somewhere that's safe while I'm out the country for a month just until we get to know the area that's why we were thinking that that's all. Do you stay there at all?
If it's just a month or two, I don't see a problem. Not familiar with the area myself, but I'm sure someone will help. Just think that a complex like that won't benefit your son. You're better off in a residential area where he can mix with local kids.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Spain is a very safe country

Gated complexes are mainly for holiday homes so there will be very few neighbours and hardly any Spanish ones

The safest place you can live in the centre of a village. Then you can leave your doors open. Well...once the neighbours know you - and as long as you are nice
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Ok perfect we will have a look around and see what's there once we arrive. That's good to know thanks for taking your time to help me.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:28 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Mijas Costa and to be honest, I love it! A good mix of Spanish and XPats. A few good schools near by and it´s the closest thing I´ve felt to living in a "community" for many years. A good few of your country men also!
Most XPats seem more than happy to meet newbies as we´ve all got something in common in the sense we all chose to move here!
Elveria´s also nice but from what I understand, people seem to live a more isolated life there. Less about friends and so on and more about keeping up with the Jones next door! IMHO!
Old Oct 24th 2014, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for replying to my post. Is it that sounds great that's what we are looking for place like that and somewhere where we can meet new friends and be part of a community and also with me working away for a month so Amie and Caillen will find it easier as well if they meet people so they don't feel isolated when I'm away!! Is that what that place is like we are wanting nice place and nice people to meet. I'm coming over on Sunday as I've got a course in Malaga so I'll get down that way when I'm over � ���� Thanks again for your all your help � ����