Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ELECTRICITY COMPANIES-SWITCHING COMPANIES

ELECTRICITY COMPANIES-SWITCHING COMPANIES

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile ELECTRICITY COMPANIES-SWITCHING COMPANIES

We changed company from Iberdrola to a firm called Iberswitch when they had just come on the market.We have not noticed any appreciable savings plus they are relieving me of 4euros50? per month service charge I think I have slipped up with this outfit and have read some horror stories about them.I would like to return to Iberdrola but believe they are very difficult to get back with;you would think they would rip your arm out of it's socket for the return of bussiness but it appears not so.Has anyone else had any experience of this,I would welcome comments.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:30 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ELECTRICITY COMPANIES-SWITCHING COMPANIES

It is a con - lots of people have fallen for it. They just change you over so you must be contracted to some other electricity company.

Have you actually tried to sign up with Iberdrola? I did and it was very easy and they were very helpful.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

normaneddey is an unknown quantity at this point

Fred,I was with Iberdrola previouse to Iberswitch,there was an article in the paper (can't remember which one-RTN Euro etc..)when these people tried to come back to Iberdrola,they (Iberdola) whent awkward on them because the firm Iberswitch used owed money.The owner in desperation offered to pay Iberdola the ammount due but they refused to take it,to cut it short he had a hell of a job to sort it out.I refer you to this weeks Courier page 6,this is what prompts me to want to return to Iberdrola.Would welcome further comment from you or any other member.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:08 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

In which case, as you are relying on the experiences of others, the sensible thing to do is contact Iberdrola yourself.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:39 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I love the so-called "competition" created in this so-called "free market" in energy we have in Spain.

Energy rates are strictly regulated in Spain, and so all of the energy companies offer much the same rates, within a few cents (unless of course, you are contracted for more than 10800 watts, in which case there remains a little competition between them, albeit small differences).

Our experience is that there is little difference between any of them. They are all pretty brain-dead in the customer service department, the rates are effectively the same. So whoever you are using now is really no better or worse than the next one.

But changing from the one that pisses you off always makes you feel better.

Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:13 pm

If you do want to compare prices then you can do it yourself here:-

http://www.comparador.cne.es/compara...x.cfm?js=1&e=N