Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electricity In Chiclana

Electricity In Chiclana

Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

no lecee jon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricity In Chiclana

PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR EURO MP NOW, ON WWW.WRITETOTHEM.COM/ ABOUT REPRESENTATIONS TO THE SPANISH, ABOUT OUR PROBLEM, WITH THE CHICLANA TOWN HALL, MAY BE NO GOOD, BUT WHO KNOWS
THANK YOU.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electricity In Chiclana

Originally Posted by no lecee jon
PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR EURO MP NOW, ON WWW.WRITETOTHEM.COM/ ABOUT REPRESENTATIONS TO THE SPANISH, ABOUT OUR PROBLEM, WITH THE CHICLANA TOWN HALL, MAY BE NO GOOD, BUT WHO KNOWS
THANK YOU.
The British Embassy, don't wish to know they say you should not have brought an illegal house, I would expect the EURO MP to say the same,
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
The British Embassy, don't wish to know they say you should not have brought an illegal house, I would expect the EURO MP to say the same,

What about the Spanish goverment/hacienda coining it in through the 6-7%IVA paid by people at the notary when purchasing these illegal houses. Surely by accepting this money they are in effect guilty also?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

THANK YOU.

I am afraid Chiclana Town Hall answers to nobody but themselves and that is the problem..
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
What about the Spanish goverment/hacienda coining it in through the 6-7%IVA paid by people at the notary when purchasing these illegal houses. Surely by accepting this money they are in effect guilty also?
They just take it as tax on property sale, it doesn`t say anything about legal or illegal.
And the same as the taxman in UK, if you are under investigation they dont have to prove you owe it, you have to prove you dont owe it
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:34 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
A catch 22 as many people thought they were buying legal houses until they discovered otherwise.....
Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poollounger
A catch 22 as many people thought they were buying legal houses until they discovered otherwise.....
lets try euro mp way
what can we loose
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:13 am

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

lets try euro mp way
what can we loose
John why don't you and your neigbours club together and approach Endesa to upgrade the supply ??? Have you tried this??? I know that the houses in my cul de sac without legal meters were quoted for just this solution. Is it because you cannot all agree?? Or is it because you all just don't have the money??? It still takes a bit of time but would seem to me to be the only way out of your misery.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poollounger
John why don't you and your neigbours club together and approach Endesa to upgrade the supply ??? Have you tried this??? I know that the houses in my cul de sac without legal meters were quoted for just this solution. Is it because you cannot all agree?? Or is it because you all just don't have the money??? It still takes a bit of time but would seem to me to be the only way out of your misery.

thanks yes, this is what we are doing and the town hall are interested in what we are doing, all my neighbours are spanish, one works for endese and we are all cut off, but I fill we should stop the builders,agents and solicitors getting away with it.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:59 pm

thanks yes, this is what we are doing and the town hall are interested in what we are doing, all my neighbours are spanish, one works for endese and we are all cut off, but I fill we should stop the builders,agents and solicitors getting away with it.
I agree with your intentions but I think the way to stop this happening is maximum publicity. Letting people know that shared meters are NOT legal anymore, nor are illegal connections an accepted way of life. Endesa could probably absorb them when they were the exception rather than the rule as they are becoming in many places. If they carried on the way they are the health and safety implications of overloading supply lines could be enormous.
This applies to the Spanish as much as the expats. Get a TV company to make a program about the problem. When estate agents and builders stop being able to sell they will have to clean up their act. Builders will have to put in proper cabling etc and stop thinking that they can just get a meter when the existing network wasn't designed for the extra loads.
Of course property prices will rise as costs rise and maybe fewer builders jump on the bandwagon to make a quick buck. As I was told when I bought.....if a property looks really cheap for what it is, then you can be sure there is a problem.
I was indignant about my cut off as I have a legal meter and was an innocent victim. I have paid bills from day 1. I can see Endesa's viewpoint....I have an illegal connection which I was unaware of, but for all they knew I could have been getting a nice little backhander for allowing it.
It's shame as we know have a situation of guilty until proven innocent. I suppose they are also creating an environment of people not showing a blind eye to their neighbours illegal hook ups. Their attitude is that I have to prevent my supply from theft, and unless I do so I will lose my meter.

Last edited by poollounger; Nov 22nd 2006 at 2:05 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had notification that Endesa have taken 33 euros from our bank account. We have no idea what this is for. Our builder is endeavouring to get our meter changed from his name to ours, could there be a connection (pun).