Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electricity change over

Electricity change over

Old May 20th 2010, 10:19 am
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricity change over

Can anyone clarify the change over. In one local paper The News it says that if you do not make up your mind this month you will be fined by charging 5% and if still not done by October 20% then after that be cut off!!! On the site on line it says we were all sent a letter ( in spanish ) giving us 3 options and the third was that if we did not wish to change to do nothing and Endesa would just carry on billing us. Anyone know??????
Old May 20th 2010, 11:35 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricity change over

Endesa is a mystery to me! However my landlord has arranged for them to come and change (or do something??) to my meter next week!!?? And I have to change from 5.5 to 7.7 whatever that means?????????????????????

Jo xxx
Old May 20th 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricity change over

We were in Spain last week and one evening about 5-30 a van pulled up at the gate. Wife goes out with our friend to see what the guy wanted, a little later the friend comes back to say I better go out as well. I stopped what I was doing and went out to the gate.

There's a spanish guy babbling on about potentia and our supply company. Karen was looking quite perplexed and she handed me a piece of paper which had quite honestly looked as though it had been translated in babelfish.

The gist of it was he wanted to check to make sure we had the correct supply and that it was sealed, so we let him in to the driveway, as we did so a police car went past slowly. As he got out the van and showed us a whole list of both spanish and english people in the village that he had seen or still had to see, the police car came back and parked across the driveway blocking exit.

So by now we are looking concerned as to what was going on. He comes in and looks at our consumer box, pulls away the protective surround and checks the main incoming fuse for size (potencia) he nods in agreement and goes back out to his van only to be confronted by the policia local. Much discussion later the police come in to look at the work he was doing, then they check his id, his van, making him empty it completely. Checked the vehicle reg everything. he's on his mobile, the police are on theirs, swapping phones between all of them!

Meanwhile we were about to sit down for a meal when he first arrived, its now an hour later and the food is cold! The police are finally happy that he is legit and leave. He is about to come in and install the new fuse, apparently the 5.5 fitted is not the official 5.5 required? anyway he's about to start when as the police leave a spanish couple drive in and it all starts again!

Eventually its all sorted out. The spanish couple had seen him acting suspiciously in the village and had called the police to investigate. All turned out well in the end. He fitted the new incoming fuse, attached it with anti tamper wire, had a beer on us, and left nearly two hours after he rang our buzzer bet its put him off brits for life