Electricity.

Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Electricity.

Out for a walk yesterday and saw an official looking man in endesa uniform taking photographs of all the pylons in the area of Pago la Deshillas so it looks like this area is next for scrutinization for illegal meters etc.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:12 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricity.

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Out for a walk yesterday and saw an official looking man in endesa uniform taking photographs of all the pylons in the area of Pago la Deshillas so it looks like this area is next for scrutinization for illegal meters etc.
Maybe he is just an electricity nerd?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

More folk cut off in Pago del Humo on Friday last!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by culchie
More folk cut off in Pago del Humo on Friday last!
From what I understand construction is at a all time high in the area of Pago del Humo. Is it these newly constructed properties that are being cut off?

Following on from my thread. They have now started digging up all the roads and are laying red plastic tubes very deeply and putting stickers on the top of the tubes with the words peligroso electricidad etc. So it looks like they are going to remove the pylons and bury the cable underground. I presume this will make it harder for anybody to connect illegally to their network?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:31 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

From what I understand construction is at a all time high in the area of Pago del Humo. Is it these newly constructed properties that are being cut off?

Following on from my thread. They have now started digging up all the roads and are laying red plastic tubes very deeply and putting stickers on the top of the tubes with the words peligroso electricidad etc. So it looks like they are going to remove the pylons and bury the cable underground. I presume this will make it harder for anybody to connect illegally to their network?
Probably. Pago is at saturation point and the elx supply in many roads is under collapse due to all the illegal connections. Most recent story I have heard is about the recent purchaser who was promised a meter and is still waiting, being told any day now. In the interim the builder arrives every morning to remove the fuse and replaces it every night, just in case Endesa come around to check. Someone I know in Las Gallos is still without power after 14 months. The woman at his oceanic estate agent said sign and everything will be ok !!! was it heck.....several disconnections later the genny was driving him mad so he is back in England. Please people...DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU HAVE A SIGNED AND SECURE ELECTRICITY METER AND CONTRACT. No matter what they say to you.....they are eager and greedy for those commissions and they are not the ones sitting by candlelight or paying thru the nose to run a genny. SHARING METERS HAS ALAWYS BEEN ILLEGAL, BUT CONDONED...NOT ANYMORE. Unless there is an existing meter the only legit way to get a meter now is to have an honest builder who will pay for a proper upgraded supply. The four houses with no elex in my road are waiting for their new supply..approx EU 4000 each, but no starting date.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=poollounger;4312764]Probably. Pago is at saturation point and the elx supply in many roads is under collapse due to all the illegal connections. Most recent story I have heard is about the recent purchaser who was promised a meter and is still waiting, being told any day now. In the interim the builder arrives every morning to remove the fuse and replaces it every night, just in case Endesa come around to check. Someone I know in Las Gallos is still without power after 14 months. The woman at his oceanic estate agent said sign and everything will be ok !!! was it heck.....several disconnections later the genny was driving him mad so he is back in England. Please people...DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU HAVE A SIGNED AND SECURE ELECTRICITY METER AND CONTRACT. No matter what they say to you.....they are eager and greedy for those commissions and they are not the ones sitting by candlelight or paying thru the nose to run a genny. SHARING METERS HAS ALAWYS BEEN ILLEGAL, BUT CONDONED...NOT ANYMORE. Unless there is an existing meter the only legit way to get a meter now is to have an honest builder who will pay for a proper upgraded supply. The four houses with no elex in my road are waiting for their new supply..approx EU 4000 each, but no starting date.[/QUOTE

Its about time builders and estate agents in Chiclana got what they deserve and were brought to justice.
I have no idea how they sleep at night after ruining so many peoples lives with their greed.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in UPPER PAGO and
Last Tuesday we got our meter,
now we have radiators and air-con for sale !!!
its time to put on another jumper in our house
and TURN THAT BLOODY LIGHT OFF !!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

The most recent cut offs in Pago were houses that have been occupied for a couple of years. The builder is spinning them the line that he is waiting for a new transformer to be installed....they haven´t applied for a meter themselves cos´of this. It is in their contract that a legal supply will be put in place for all the good that it does them.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

We went for a walk today and after summounting the hills of sand asked a man who was stood in a hole so deep only his head was visible what they were doing. He said they were putting cables under the road and a new transformer was going to be connected for the 'obras neuvas'.... This is in Pago Las Deshillas - dont know Andy if it is upper or lower!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:22 am
Account Closed

We went for a walk today and after summounting the hills of sand asked a man who was stood in a hole so deep only his head was visible what they were doing. He said they were putting cables under the road and a new transformer was going to be connected for the 'obras neuvas'.... This is in Pago Las Deshillas - dont know Andy if it is upper or lower!!
UPPER of course, have you seen the people from LOWER
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:04 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

The most recent cut offs in Pago were houses that have been occupied for a couple of years. The builder is spinning them the line that he is waiting for a new transformer to be installed....they haven´t applied for a meter themselves cos´of this. It is in their contract that a legal supply will be put in place for all the good that it does them.
Well if they applied for a new transformer or whatever is required they could then try and claim the cost off their builder. In fairness I think some builders are waking up to the fact that if they want to stay in business they have to incorporate the cost of an upgraded supply. It isn't just a case of a new meter..it's increasing the capacity.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
UPPER of course, have you seen the people from LOWER
Thats ok then I live in upper
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Thats ok then I live in upper
ALL UPPERS UNITE
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poollounger
Well if they applied for a new transformer or whatever is required they could then try and claim the cost off their builder. In fairness I think some builders are waking up to the fact that if they want to stay in business they have to incorporate the cost of an upgraded supply. It isn't just a case of a new meter..it's increasing the capacity.

Not sure if it is the builders doing the work - there is hardly any spare land here to build on which would justify such extensive work??
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point

We have also been told a similar story, but we are not in Pago. We purchased 22 months ago with the usual meter to be installed in a couple of weeks!!! Needless to say this has not happened, but we have not until now been disconnected. We pursued our application with Sevilliana and were told that we did have an application but it expired a couple of months ago as they require a transformer to be fitted. This is apparently not up to the electric company but the responsibility of the community group. They will not process any applications or put in meters until done.
Unfortunatly today we have been cut off (less than 3 days after enquiring about our application). Is the moral of this to keep your trap shut and hope for the best.... Does this also now mean that the application process has to start all over again....
We have yet to find out how many in our community this affects and how much it is going to cost.
We thought we had done all the homework before buying, thought we were being cautious etc.
maybe if we had found this website earlier things might have been different.
However, for all the problems, I refuse to be disheartened, still love the area and can't wait to make the move permanent, and i know most of you are thinking thank god she doesn't have to live here with no electric, and yes i agree. I have the deepest sympathy for those living with no power on a daily basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.