Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

election date...

election date...

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light
Default election date...

I have just heard about the election being set for May 6th, is this confirmed? Who do you think will win?! The discussion is who you think will win, rather than who should, perhaps?!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: election date...

Don't know who will win, but I do know who will lose
(q: why is it that whoever we vote for, it's always "the government" that gets in?)
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:59 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Don't know who will win, but I do know who will lose
(q: why is it that whoever we vote for, it's always "the government" that gets in?)
Exactly.

Don't forget that at the election your choice is whether the government gets to screw you wearing a red, blue or yellow condom.

Here's my psychic predictions for the next government.

There will be more tax.
There will be more red tape.
There will be less personal freedom.

Those in power will be less accountable.
Those with no power will be more accountable.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:22 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Exactly.

Don't forget that at the election your choice is whether the government gets to screw you wearing a red, blue or yellow condom.

Here's my psychic predictions for the next government.

There will be more tax.
There will be more red tape.
There will be less personal freedom.

Those in power will be less accountable.
Those with no power will be more accountable.
I have a strange feeling that's a very accurate prediction.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:38 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just when we are in the UK for a while they announce the election. Can't stand it Anyone see Brown today..he has been on the news ALL morning shaking hands and trying to look normal...I hate him
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:33 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Just when we are in the UK for a while they announce the election. Can't stand it Anyone see Brown today..he has been on the news ALL morning shaking hands and trying to look normal...I hate him
He must be the most arrogant,obnoxious,two-faced,smarmy critter on the face of the planet.
Feel like throwing up every time I see his smirky mush on the box.
Think I'd prefer to see Bin Ladin to Brown any day of the week,..at least you know where you stand with him.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Labour came into power 13 years ago with a deficit of £6 billion... they enter this election with a deficit of £178 billion... now I'm not trying to put words in your mouths or ideas in your heads but I think that speaks for itself really.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:29 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He must be the most arrogant,obnoxious,two-faced,smarmy critter on the face of the planet.
Feel like throwing up every time I see his smirky mush on the box.
Think I'd prefer to see Bin Ladin to Brown any day of the week,..at least you know where you stand with him.
You say that while Blair lives?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:31 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Labour came into power 13 years ago with a deficit of £6 billion... they enter this election with a deficit of £178 billion... now I'm not trying to put words in your mouths or ideas in your heads but I think that speaks for itself really.
Yeah, but as I keep saying, what would it have been if the tories had been in?

I've heard more than one person say that the ninja mortgages et al would have screwed whoever was in power.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:58 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

They've behaved like a shopoholic wifie turned loose with a bagful of credit cards for the first time in her life,never giving a single thought to how,when or if the debts could ever be repaid.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:20 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

They could always sell off the nations gold to help put some money back..............oops, they allready did that when gold was at rock (pun intended) bottom prices.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:25 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Madridboy
They could always sell off the nations gold to help put some money back..............oops, they allready did that when gold was at rock (pun intended) bottom prices.
Yes, and if they print any more money it will end up with less value than a piece of toilet roll,..bottom prices also.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I can just see the Brits wandering round with wheelbarrows full of useless cash! And to think we were the envy of the world, sigh...
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:51 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes, and if they print any more money it will end up with less value than a piece of toilet roll,..bottom prices also.

But at least they're keeping printers in work ...........oh no, he wants to do all us out of work as well....http://www.printweek.com/environment...in-four-years/
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:56 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Tories will win, by a whisker, and it will be a hung Parliament with the Lib Dems holding the balance of power.

That's my prediction.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I still have a vote in England and I was going to vote Tory just to get this dreadful Labour Government out. However, my local Labour MP has been a very good one for our town, he has not fiddled his expenses and overall I would like to vote for him. It is also a marginal seat and it won't take much swing to the Tories for him to lose it.

So...what to do?

(I think probably I will vote for him personally and hope he wins but hope that overall his party lose!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.