Elche

Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Bartonboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Elche

Hi,My lady and I partner are thinking of moving to the ELCHE area soon, anybody have any experiance of the area? Any advice would be a help

Last edited by Bartonboy; Mar 5th 2007 at 2:56 pm. Reason: Missed 2 words out
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:04 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elche

Originally Posted by Bartonboy
Hi,My lady and I partner are thinking of moving to the ELCHE area soon, anybody have any experiance of the area? Any advice would be a help
Hi Bartonboy and welcome

I know where ELCHE is but unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to visit yet so can't help with your enquiry. But, while you're waiting for someone more knowledgeable to reply, here's a website to browse through...

Elche
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Bartonboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Bartonboy and welcome

I know where ELCHE is but unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to visit yet so can't help with your enquiry. But, while you're waiting for someone more knowledgeable to reply, here's a website to browse through...

Elche
Many thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

elchelover is an unknown quantity at this point

I've stayed there quite often and love really like the place. Some good restaurants and variety. Typical Spanish Tapas then just a couple of Kms outside, some superb restaurants. Try La Finca, do a search on the net for it. Well worth a visit.
I have been looking for a villa or apartment to rent there, but never found anything

But if you can tell me of somewhere

Last edited by elchelover; Aug 2nd 2007 at 7:17 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bartonboy
Many thanks
I've only been through Elche

but are you Bartonboy as in Barton-le-Clay?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:54 pm
Banned

rowlandsbb has a spectacular aura aboutrowlandsbb has a spectacular aura aboutrowlandsbb has a spectacular aura about

Look at the Hondon Valley which is nearby or Castella
some nice properties in a nice environment and perhaps a little cheaper being 15/20 mins away
Great area to live
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

elchelover is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I am interested in the Huerta del Cura area or just south of. Between Elche centre (Glorietta) and the South Circular road.

Bartonboy, think your wife will like some of the shops in Elche, some genuine designer shops ther hidden away.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

http://alicante.loquo.com/ce/housing/flats-for-rent/312 and search for elche
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:10 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Thanks for the Elche Tourism website - excellent info !!!!
http://www.turismedelx.com

http://www.turismedelx.com/en/fiestas/20/Nit_de_l_Alba
And their festival on the 13th Aug looks like a great event.

I have visted Elche Centro twice. It's beautiful. And someone mentioned the shops LOADS of em'' The Al'jib Center on the northern outskirts is well equipped with modern shops, especially women's clothes shops but plenty of men's, a BIG supermarket, phones, pets, furniture, food court --- it's a 'Mall' I suspose.

Good Luck with the search.