Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

El Escobar Murcia

El Escobar Murcia

Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:53 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all
Default El Escobar Murcia

Hi
Friends are looking at buying a property in El Escobar near Fuente Alamo in Murcia, can anyone give any feedback on the area?

I am a little concerned that they know little about the area, they decided to buy the house after a 2 day viewing trip.
It is a restored finca and the company is Best of Spanish.

I have tried to give some guidance on how to find out if it is legal etc but they assure me that the agent says it is all fine. As I live near Chiclana I know what that can mean!!

Maybe I should stop worrying and just let them get on with it.

Yvonne
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: El Escobar Murcia

Originally Posted by YMF
Hi
Friends are looking at buying a property in El Escobar near Fuente Alamo in Murcia, can anyone give any feedback on the area?

I am a little concerned that they know little about the area, they decided to buy the house after a 2 day viewing trip.
It is a restored finca and the company is Best of Spanish.

I have tried to give some guidance on how to find out if it is legal etc but they assure me that the agent says it is all fine. As I live near Chiclana I know what that can mean!!

Maybe I should stop worrying and just let them get on with it.

Yvonne
Difficult to say without knowing more specifics of exactly where they are buying within El Escobar, however a quick search in the Ayuntamiento de Murcia's web site reveals the following article.

It might be inferred from this, that the said urbanisation is probably legal if it is part of these new constructions. However, the best place to check is the Catastro if you have enough information to locate the property in question. You are checking that the property is registered and designated as terreno urbanisticó.

PS. Polaris World must be over-charging on their "elite" properties if they can afford 3.000.000 € for a 26km pipeline to supply water.

Last edited by Unexpat; Jun 2nd 2006 at 9:04 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:16 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all
Default Re: El Escobar Murcia

Thanks for this, they are buying an old finca so it is not part of this new development. I have suggested they ask their agent for the referencia catastral number. If they can supply this then I assume all is well

Yvonne