El Campello

Old Apr 5th 2018, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough
Default El Campello

Does anyone have experience of living in El Campello or any of the nearby resorts. I've visited the place as a holidaymaker a couple of times and it seems to tick a lot of boxes for me in terms of a place to live full time. I like the fact the resort is fairly low key and has good access to Alicante either by car of the Tram. I only visited off season, I take it the place is heaving in mid summer. There seem to be a good range of reasonably priced properties in this area which is also a bonus.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: El Campello

I live close by but belong to several groups based in El Campello. It has a good mix of Expats living happily alongside the locals who are all happy to integrate and join in each other's activities and cultures. Well worth a look. And yes the transport links are excellent with the Tram, regular bus services and good roads.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spainrico
I live close by but belong to several groups based in El Campello. It has a good mix of Expats living happily alongside the locals who are all happy to integrate and join in each other's activities and cultures. Well worth a look. And yes the transport links are excellent with the Tram, regular bus services and good roads.
Thanks very much for the reply ... will travel down again later this year to have a closer look.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:49 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I are having a short break in El Campello next month, staying @ Apartamentos Pueblo Acantilado Suites Plaza Ciutat de l' Alguer, 10, 03560 El Campello, Spain

Any tips on places to do / things to see?

Last edited by missile; Apr 5th 2018 at 1:52 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the history/museums etc are in Alicante, an easy tram ride away. El Campello offers beach, bars, relaxation and chilling out. Good walking in the area. You are welcome to join in a social group who meet every Thursday night. PM me if you want more info.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

The tram will take you to visit some of the hiil towns which are very pretty especially when fiestas are on
Old Apr 5th 2018, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

My sister lives there and loves it, We visit often and love it too. We wouldn´t want to live there though as there are only apartments in the town proper, no bungalows. It is a linear town as it is long and narrow but is very pleasant with a lovely seafront and marina with lots of good bars and restaurants, quite pricey near the seafront but more reasonable in the town proper. The bus and tram links to Alicante in the south and Benidorm and Calpe in the north are excellent. The town has a good mix of mainly Spanish but a lot of northern European ex pats too and a disproportionate excess number of females to males. A good choice for a place to live if you are happy with apartment living, lots to do and a good rapport with the ex pats and Spanish neighbours. Parking is problematic most of the time but the, almost empty centrally located, municipal car park is only 3€ per 24 hours.