Ebay

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:58 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ebay

Im not sure where this should be posted tbh - but here goes xxx

I want to start selling handmade cards on ebay - now - how do i go about this - i want to set up another account other than the one i use - am i allowed to do this - n do i set it up as a business account or a private one - n if i make millions like im hoping to how do i start declaring it ?????

Thanks in advance xxxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ebay

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield

I want to start selling handmade cards on ebay - now - how do i go about this - i want to set up another account other than the one i use - am i allowed to do this - n do i set it up as a business account or a private one - n if i make millions like im hoping to how do i start declaring it ?????

Thanks in advance xxxxx
Hi Sam, You can have another account but with different email etc than the other one.

I would try it as a private one to start, just to make sure its viable and that you do earn money from it. You can easily change your status later.

If you do make money then you will need an accountant or learn to do your own income expenditure.

I used to be registered as a business for ebay.I loved it selling old toys etc. and did well but all was lost coming to Spain because I just cant compete anymore. The correos is so expensive and if it isnt sent certificado the chances are it wont turn up.Ebay will refund the buyer-so I have lost the item, the postage and the value it sold for.

I miss it sooooooooooo much.

Good luck with the cards though and if youre mainly shipping to the UK you shouldnt have any problems.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 11:18 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Hi Sam, You can have another account but with different email etc than the other one.

I would try it as a private one to start, just to make sure its viable and that you do earn money from it. You can easily change your status later.

If you do make money then you will need an accountant or learn to do your own income expenditure.

I used to be registered as a business for ebay.I loved it selling old toys etc. and did well but all was lost coming to Spain because I just cant compete anymore. The correos is so expensive and if it isnt sent certificado the chances are it wont turn up.Ebay will refund the buyer-so I have lost the item, the postage and the value it sold for.

I miss it sooooooooooo much.

Good luck with the cards though and if youre mainly shipping to the UK you shouldnt have any problems.
Thanks very much hunibun - a pleasure as always xxxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield

Thanks in advance xxxxx
Hi. Good luck with your card selling business. I suppose you mean in Spain.
Having tried going to Hacienda alone and dealing with paperwork I found a gestor after asking for advice here.

I have to disagree with Paintermujer about things not turning up in the post. They do generally... But late. The postage charges are ridiculous though as she says. My advice on this is to expect a loss of 10% (my losses have been wayyy smaller than this. But 10% is what you would pay for 'certificado'. Plus the time spent in the post office makes it uneconomic. If you build in this expectation of a loss into your prices you will be pleasantly surprised as things aren't that bad. Except, be very wary of things sent to Italy. My losses there have been so bad that I'm now considering an extra charge for insurance on parcels sent to Italy.
The first thing you MUST do though is go to a Gestor and get them to get you a fiscal number so that every time you pay for anything you can give them your financial number and get a tax invoice. I didn't do this and lost a lot of money in my first 3 months. The other thing the Spanish system expects you to do is get a fiscal number from each of your customers. That can be very hard to do and your gestor may well give you advice on this.
You will be paying a minimum of 250 euros a month in seguridad social...(mine's 271) which can hurt, especially if you aren't making anything at first. But that is tax deductible as well as being your pension contribution, your basic health insurance and the DWP tell me there is sickness benefit these days.
Good luck. One of my best friends was a card maker. But I turned her into a miniaturist!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sam lives in the UK so will not have to have a gestor etc.

Rosemary
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:19 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Hi. Good luck with your card selling business. I suppose you mean in Spain.
Having tried going to Hacienda alone and dealing with paperwork I found a gestor after asking for advice here.

I have to disagree with Paintermujer about things not turning up in the post. They do generally... But late. The postage charges are ridiculous though as she says. My advice on this is to expect a loss of 10% (my losses have been wayyy smaller than this. But 10% is what you would pay for 'certificado'. Plus the time spent in the post office makes it uneconomic. If you build in this expectation of a loss into your prices you will be pleasantly surprised as things aren't that bad. Except, be very wary of things sent to Italy. My losses there have been so bad that I'm now considering an extra charge for insurance on parcels sent to Italy.
The first thing you MUST do though is go to a Gestor and get them to get you a fiscal number so that every time you pay for anything you can give them your financial number and get a tax invoice. I didn't do this and lost a lot of money in my first 3 months. The other thing the Spanish system expects you to do is get a fiscal number from each of your customers. That can be very hard to do and your gestor may well give you advice on this.
You will be paying a minimum of 250 euros a month in seguridad social...(mine's 271) which can hurt, especially if you aren't making anything at first. But that is tax deductible as well as being your pension contribution, your basic health insurance and the DWP tell me there is sickness benefit these days.
Good luck. One of my best friends was a card maker. But I turned her into a miniaturist!
Thank you very much Angie - im in the UK at the minute but we are hoping to get to Spain one day - i love making cards n would like to continue it when we get there - so thanks once again xxxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:20 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Sam lives in the UK so will not have to have a gestor etc.

Rosemary
Hello stranger - how are you both doing - hope you are keep well - love to you both
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

If you are only going to be sending low value items such as greetings cards just use the normal cheap Spanish postal service.

My wife has sent over 3,000 items from Spain all over the world and to date only 2 items have been reported as not turning up.

The service is better than most people think.
Post to the UK normally takes on average 3 -4 days.

Her record so far is 5 days from Andalucia to Australia.