Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easyjet Cancellations

Easyjet Cancellations

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Easyjet Cancellations

Has anyone had a flight cancelled by Easyjet?

I had flights booked for November 9th Malaga to Luton, so today I went to my itinery to check times etc to book car hire. It said Amend but I didnt really think anything off it...however, i didnt get round to booking a car luckily enough.

A few hours later I got this email from Easy Jet... I didnt really know what to think. I just assumed it was about the terrorist problems in the UK and I was sent it by mistake.

Please do not post private emails. rule 5. thanks jdr.

It doesnt say which flight or anything with my details other than my email address. I then spent ages on the phone to check as there was nothing about future flights cancelled on the website. My flight has been cancelled, which has really screwed up my holiday, but Ill get over that.

Nevertheless...this letter is a bad letter.

Last edited by jdr; Oct 3rd 2006 at 7:05 am. Reason: Copyright
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:27 am
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Easyjet Cancellations

Originally Posted by j0197
Has anyone had a flight cancelled by Easyjet?

I had flights booked for November 9th Malaga to Luton, so today I went to my itinery to check times etc to book car hire. It said Amend but I didnt really think anything off it...however, i didnt get round to booking a car luckily enough.

A few hours later I got this email from Easy Jet... I didnt really know what to think. I just assumed it was about the terrorist problems in the UK and I was sent it by mistake.

Deleted email, jdr

It doesnt say which flight or anything with my details other than my email address. I then spent ages on the phone to check as there was nothing about future flights cancelled on the website. My flight has been cancelled, which has really screwed up my holiday, but Ill get over that.

Nevertheless...this letter is a bad letter.

I had a flight cancelled a few months ago and Easyjet reimbursed the cost of the ticket in full, so when I received one of these I viewed it with suspicion and prompty binned it!!! Since when does Stelios and his airline do anything out of altruism.....could be wrong of course!!!!

Last edited by jdr; Oct 3rd 2006 at 7:06 am. Reason: Delete email
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easyjet Cancellations

The European Union legislation, which was introduced in February 2006, imposed mandatory levels of compensation and refunds for fliers faced with canceled or delayed flights. In certain situations, passengers are even entitled to claim up to $740 for a long haul flight.

But airlines can avoid paying compensation, if there are so-called extraordinary circumstances.

These are circumstances beyond the airlines' control, such as when flights are stopped due to snow, terrible weather, technical problems, acts of terror and wildcat strikes.

Other facts about the European Union legislation

The regulation applies to those flying from an EU airport or from an airport outside the EU to an EU airport on an EU carrier.
The law relates to flights canceled less than seven days before departure, passengers are then entitled to a refund if they do not wish to travel.
The law applies to those passengers denied boarding due to cancellations or overbooking, or delays of more than two hours.
Fliers are entitled to refreshments and in some cases overnight accommodation.
A refund is also valid