Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet New Tax

Easy Jet New Tax

Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Easy Jet New Tax

Has anyone paid the new tax with easyjet yet? There is a sign top left of the website, but then you go through to your booking. I cant see anything else about paying this tax.

Can anyone help...or on their faqs you have to call them on their 10p pm number.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Easy Jet New Tax

Stupid me, I was looking on behalf of my neighbours....they are going from Malaga to UK so you dont have to pay the tax, therefore is not on the website.

For future use, easy jet telephone number at Malaga is 952 048 285.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

The number I phoned from UK was : 0871 244 2366. I got a selection of different menus and just tried everything until I got a real person. I was also in a queue for sometime, but got there in the end. Good Luck!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j0197
Has anyone paid the new tax with easyjet yet? There is a sign top left of the website, but then you go through to your booking. I cant see anything else about paying this tax.

Can anyone help...or on their faqs you have to call them on their 10p pm number.
Hi
I got no where fast on the 10p number
I had more luck on the 55p per minute number 0905 821 0905 .
I paid the extra tax on all our flights it only took a couple on minutes
Regards
Chris
Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:35 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it included under taxes/charges/fees etc when you book ?

I booked flights with Easy Jet 09/01 and today and just presumed that the new taxes will be included...or is the problem with flights booked before the new taxes were announced ?

Mel
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN

I booked flights with Easy Jet 09/01 and today and just presumed that the new taxes will be included...or is the problem with flights booked before the new taxes were announced ?

Mel
we booked after 9th Dec, but our easy jet flights are TO the UK, flights back are with Ryanair, and from another thread we understand that we will have paid the new tax in our booking. I assume that the problems are where the bookings were made BEFORE the tax was announced, as budget airlines will have to up their prices as they run on such tight margins. Major airlines are just absorbing the tax.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN

Mel
Hi Mel
I have just got a quote for a flight in Jan. the taxes were £ 20.50 p.p
This is the same figure quoted for flights Feb. & after
I don't think they have included the extra taxes
But please double check,try the numbers all ready mentioned .
I found with the 10p number you just get sent round in circles

Regards

Chris
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:09 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=chrismortley;4293915]Hi Mel
I have just got a quote for a flight in Jan. the taxes were £ 20.50 p.p
This is the same figure quoted for flights Feb. & after
I don't think they have included the extra taxes
But please double check,try the numbers all ready mentioned .
I found with the 10p number you just get sent round in circles

Regards

Chris[/QUOTE

Hiya Chris

Thanks for your help (again!!- appreciate it). have just called the 55p number and they answered reasonably quickly and both flights I have booked have the new tax included and paid for. I was told that "generally" bookings made with Easyjet after (approx) 7th Dec 06 DO include the new tax.

Cheers

Mel
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

clear Hi Mel

That's good news
It's a pity they don't make these things clearer on their site
They must be making a fortune with their cut at 55p per minute

Chris

Last edited by chrismortley; Jan 17th 2007 at 3:00 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:48 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by chrismortley
clear Hi Mel

That's good news
It's a pity they don't make these things on their site
They must be making a fortune with their cut at 55p per minute

Chris
Hi Chris

Too right ! I thought the very same. It would be so easy to make it very clear on the site but instead all those calls at 55p are a real bonus to their coffers. I also have flights with Thomsonfly but cannot get through to them by 'phone and have sent an email via their contact page on the site. It does have a notice on their web page re....no hidden extras but I would prefer to be sure especially as these were booked nov 06.

Warm wishes to you

Mel
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Hi there, My outward flight is on 30th January, returning on 2nd February. I was told that I didn't have to pay the extra tax because not both of my flights were in February. I understood that from February it would be taken automatically. Bit unsure now, may have misunderstood: blink:
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Brenda Teather
Hi there, My outward flight is on 30th January, returning on 2nd February. I was told that I didn't have to pay the extra tax because not both of my flights were in February. I understood that from February it would be taken automatically. Bit unsure now, may have misunderstood: blink:
I did not know about this new tax until yesterday and had booked an Easyjet flight a few months ago leaving in Feb. Hearing about this I checked on the website and saw a heading which sais 'pay your outstanding APD here'. It appears we should have done it before the 16th but we were not sent any form of reminder etc. Anyway I paid in on line and lo and behold I got a confirmation today followed later in the day by a 'reminder' to pay this tax!

I have another flight with another budget airline and have yet to heard from them about this. Looks like a major cock up. Why could it not have just been a tax on any flights booked after a certain date?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
I did not know about this new tax until yesterday and had booked an Easyjet flight a few months ago leaving in Feb. Hearing about this I checked on the website and saw a heading which sais 'pay your outstanding APD here'. It appears we should have done it before the 16th but we were not sent any form of reminder etc. Anyway I paid in on line and lo and behold I got a confirmation today followed later in the day by a 'reminder' to pay this tax!

I have another flight with another budget airline and have yet to heard from them about this. Looks like a major cock up. Why could it not have just been a tax on any flights booked after a certain date?

Hi
Ask Gordon Brown
What's the extra tax meant to achieve ?
I'm not sure the world is going to be a greener place because of it

Regards

Chris
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
Ask Gordon Brown
What's the extra tax meant to achieve ?
I'm not sure the world is going to be a greener place because of it

Regards

Chris
I though they were going to use the money to increase planting of trees etc to help use up the polluting gases.