Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is it easy to get British dvd's in spain

Is it easy to get British dvd's in spain

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Is it easy to get British dvd's in spain

We are thinking of buying a load of our favourite DVD's b4 we move, are they easy to obtain in Spain and can you play the British ones in Spanish DVD players as when we went to the States years ago we found we could not play there videos in our machine.

Helen

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it easy to get British dvd's in spain

depends where you are moving to?

coast - loads of snides, not always perfect copies. loads of places to buy dvds - MOST dvds can be switched into english.

inland, theres NOWHERE to buy dvds. you rarely see them.

i buy all mine off ebay and get them sent to the next person who is coming over, or www.play.com send to spain for free you know ?

the dvds not playing in the USA is all about region coding. usa is region 1, europen region 2. region 1 will not work in a region 2 machine and vice versa.. thats why i always buy a region free player (or make it region free) and buy the cheaper (and often better features) region 1 or 0 dvds
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
depends where you are moving to?

coast - loads of snides, not always perfect copies. loads of places to buy dvds - MOST dvds can be switched into english.

inland, theres NOWHERE to buy dvds. you rarely see them.

i buy all mine off ebay and get them sent to the next person who is coming over, or www.play.com send to spain for free you know ?

the dvds not playing in the USA is all about region coding. usa is region 1, europen region 2. region 1 will not work in a region 2 machine and vice versa.. thats why i always buy a region free player (or make it region free) and buy the cheaper (and often better features) region 1 or 0 dvds

Thanks for your reply we are moving inland but will be about 1 hour from coast to get to shops that sell them. But we will probably bring most of them over.

Helen

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:20 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Big stores such as Eroski, Carrefour etc which you'll find in many areas all stock DVDs, the vast majority of which have English language option - just check first on the back. Or you can rent from your local DVD store!
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

does the carrefour at antequera stock dvds? i didnĀ“t realise that hilly thought it was only a small country one ? is it huge like the ones on the coast ?
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

www.play.com or www.cdwow.com are by far the best options. Playcom send their stuff from the Channel Islands and as mentioned above its free delivery. They are also cheaper than you find in most places. Carrefour I have found to be quite limited and expensive
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

I have bought DVDs from Carrefour and Supersol here, if they are made in English then they are in English, with options for other languages. But obviously the writing on the cover is in Spanish. The other way I have done it is to order from Amazon.co.uk I have just ordered three and the p+p was only 2pounds. They come in a couple of days too.