Earthquake?

Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:06 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earthquake?

Is it just me or did I feel one just then
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake?

Yep, felt the earth move here too... thought it was too much vino
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:18 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by twyntub
Yep, felt the earth move here too... thought it was too much vino
there gose few alarms
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:20 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.emsc-csem.org/index.php?p...tail&id=104737
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...77,0.2211&z=12
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Magnitude 3.5, epicentre 3 km east of Hondón de los Frailes. Nice!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Is it just me or did I feel one just then
The earth didn't move for me

But whats new

Anyway, why aren't you in Bangkok?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Must be my age, the earth didnt move for me either
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:07 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pwwm
Must be my age, the earth didnt move for me either
alarm went off in work , and was down to the 3.5
mmmm
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jurdyr
alarm went off in work , and was down to the 3.5
mmmm
I'm surprised at that. I once lived next to a railway line, and it just felt like the 7.43 to St Pancras. If this had been the UK, you can imagine the headlines!

E-A-R-T-H-Q-U-A-K-E!
Residents in the Hondóns were devastated by a massive earthquake measuring as much as 3.5 on the Richter scale. Local resident Mrs Miggins told us "It was awful, we dived under the kitchen table and waited at least 40 minutes for the shaking to subside".

Seismologists later confirmed that the quake, which lasted 1.2 seconds, was categorised as a minor tremor.

Amongst the many residents now assessing the damage to their property, Mr D Smithers reported that the quake had shaken dust from the trees straight into his pool. "It's a bloody nightmare – I only hoovered the pool on Saturday and now I've got to do it all again now."

Residents have been warned that there may be violent aftershocks in the area, and anyone planning to build a tower of playing cards in the next few days might want to refrain until the immediate danger has passed.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by twyntub
I'm surprised at that. I once lived next to a railway line, and it just felt like the 7.43 to St Pancras. If this had been the UK, you can imagine the headlines!

E-A-R-T-H-Q-U-A-K-E!
Residents in the Hondóns were devastated by a massive earthquake measuring as much as 3.5 on the Richter scale. Local resident Mrs Miggins told us "It was awful, we dived under the kitchen table and waited at least 40 minutes for the shaking to subside".

Seismologists later confirmed that the quake, which lasted 1.2 seconds, was categorised as a minor tremor.

Amongst the many residents now assessing the damage to their property, Mr D Smithers reported that the quake had shaken dust from the trees straight into his pool. "It's a bloody nightmare – I only hoovered the pool on Saturday and now I've got to do it all again now."

Residents have been warned that there may be violent aftershocks in the area, and anyone planning to build a tower of playing cards in the next few days might want to refrain until the immediate danger has passed.
still waitting for the press to report on this
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:12 am
Drunken Monkey

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_18001.shtml
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:14 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its a little known fact that we all live here on an Earthquake fault
As I look out of mt balcony theres a fissure in a hill which I am told was caused by an Earthquake some years ago.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:27 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its a little known fact that we all live here on an Earthquake fault As I look out of mt balcony theres a fissure in a hill which I am told was caused by an Earthquake some years ago.
I knew that

yet to feel one though
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its a little known fact that we all live here on an Earthquake fault
As I look out of mt balcony theres a fissure in a hill which I am told was caused by an Earthquake some years ago.
The chances are that the whole hill is only there because of tectonic movement!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We have had I think at least three here since we moved in December. The first one frightened me to death! Now I just turn over and go back to sleep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.