Early Days

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

adam-lcfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Early Days

Hello all,
Well just after some help really.

Im seriously thinking of selling my house and making the move to spain.(Costa Del Sol area)

Im currently an IT Technician(dull indeed) would i be able to find this sort of work in Spain. I dont speak spanish yet, but will learn the basics before i head of.Ive worked in IT for last 6 yrs.

Im only 24 and im sick of England. Sick of working loads of hours and getting very little in return!

Cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:25 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Early Days

Hi Adam, try and find some of the posts by onlineamiga, they could be very useful, have you got family or off on your own. He made the move, kept us intrigued, worried and informed of what he was doing , he was in IT and still is by his last post. His adventure was compulsive to read and view. Good luck, hope you get there.
Luv Eve
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to the forum

I'm afraid I don't know anything about your line of work; nor about the CDS!
However, if you do a search for posts by onlineamiga, then you might pick up some useful information.
I don't know if Andrew (onlineamiga) is about much at the moment, but you might find he pops up on this thread in time.
He's your sort of age, works in IT - and I think he's living on the CDS as well

There are other IT people on the forum, so keep checking in, as I'm sure someone will have info for you.

In terms of long working hours though.....................do be aware that Spanish working hours generally involve working in the morning and the evening; with a long gap in the middle of the afternoon.
I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, and no doubt takes some getting used to
The last I knew, Andrew was going to be working ridiculously long hours for a British/Gib (?) company - although it was at least a foot in the door.

Good luck in your quest

Sam.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Ha!
I see Eve's beaten me to it!

Great minds, and all that, eh Eve?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:31 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

totally agree!
XX
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks both. Ill have a search now.

Ill be coming on my own. Bit daunting but will be an adventure!(hopefully)

Yeah realise hours are just as long/or longer but will surely get rewarded with a better quality of life though.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:35 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Please don't put us all through what Andrew did I don't think my nerves will stand it! Only joking, do your research, have a go, if you have no commitments then what have you got to lose, good luck, hope you make it. Everyone deserves a chance of a good lifestyle, we are only here once so make the most of it.If you don't one day hindsight will leap up and bite you where it hurts most!
Luv Eve,
ps off to cook dinner now, keep us posted.
xx
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eve

Please don't put us all through what Andrew did I don't think my nerves will stand it! Only joking, do your research, have a go, if you have no commitments then what have you got to lose, good luck, hope you make it. Everyone deserves a chance of a good lifestyle, we are only here once so make the most of it.If you don't one day hindsight will leap up and bite you where it hurts most!
Luv Eve,
ps off to cook dinner now, keep us posted.
xx

Thats it Eve. If i dont do it now doubt ill ever do it. Only commitments i have are my house and my girlfriend(shes a definate no go on the idea)
Well ill go and have a look around net after ive brought my washing in(raining)

Happy cooking
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:45 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Ooh girlfriend could be a problem then! Good luck.
xx
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eve

Ooh girlfriend could be a problem then! Good luck.
xx
no problem really. I just wont tell her(joke!!)

I notice you work in IT too. With that job title do you work in schools?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:53 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Hi, yes I do, love it too. Now stop chatting to me so I can cook dinner!!
Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eve
Hi, yes I do, love it too. Now stop chatting to me so I can cook dinner!!
Luv Eve
xx

Sorry, I work in schools as an IT bod. Got any jobs??
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:58 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

, Why am I still here, no , no jobs , I do everything, so don't need a technician coming in!!!
I have gone now, ok
xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eve
, Why am I still here, no , no jobs , I do everything, so don't need a technician coming in!!!
I have gone now, ok
xxx
Ive heard that line before!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:04 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

ok ok, have gone now
xxx
Attached Thumbnails Early Days-tongue.gif  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.