Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

E111 Spanish equivalent

E111 Spanish equivalent

Old May 25th 2007, 5:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default E111 Spanish equivalent

Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly what I need to get this for a trip back to the UK in July. I've had so many different stories, We haven't yet got our residencia, although we do have the first part and are waiting for fingerprints to be taken in Sept. I've been told I need an up to date padron, copy of E121, SIP card, Passport, also water and electricity bills. Does anyone know just what is need at the moment so I don't have to make several trips.
Old May 25th 2007, 5:13 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E111 Spanish equivalent

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly what I need to get this for a trip back to the UK in July. I've had so many different stories, We haven't yet got our residencia, although we do have the first part and are waiting for fingerprints to be taken in Sept. I've been told I need an up to date padron, copy of E121, SIP card, Passport, also water and electricity bills. Does anyone know just what is need at the moment so I don't have to make several trips.
If you went to spain with a E121 then you are still covered in the uk for treatment but you should of been supplied with a certificated from the uk.

i have one that entitles me to normal cover when ever i go back.
Old May 25th 2007, 7:50 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
If you have a SIP card then you can get an EHIC card over the counter.

If not then you will probably still be on the UK system anyway. Once you have transfered to the Spanish system using an E121 you lose your rights to full treatment in the UK but the UK will give emergency treatment to anyone without question.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you have a SIP card then you can get an EHIC card over the counter.

If not then you will probably still be on the UK system anyway. Once you have transfered to the Spanish system using an E121 you lose your rights to full treatment in the UK but the UK will give emergency treatment to anyone without question.
Many thanks Fred, went today, with padron, residencia forms, passports, everything we could think of. Held out SIP card, he spoke no English, but I managed to use my limited Spanish to tell him what I was after, withing 3 minutes we had our euro cards. Howeer, our froiends, whose trip would be the third for them, were not as lucky. neither are of retirement age, but they are not working, so NORMAL rules do NOT apply, they have now been told to go to their medical centre. Karma given.

Last edited by mikelincs; May 30th 2007 at 6:11 pm.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really nice

Counter, where was this counter ?
Old May 30th 2007, 6:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Mrs P
Counter, where was this counter ?
Got ours at the Social Security offices in Orihuela.