E106

Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default E106

Am leaving for Spain on the 9th January. Can I apply for an E106 online anywhere or do I need to ring Newcastle?

Sue
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:31 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E106

Originally Posted by SueG
Am leaving for Spain on the 9th January. Can I apply for an E106 online anywhere or do I need to ring Newcastle?

Sue
Hi Sue

We are at present on E106 coverage for health care. I emailed them from Spain but they told me I had to ring Newcastle, as they need to send you a form to complete and then they work out your entitlement to health care in Spain. I think it's up to about 3 years depending on your national insurance contributions for the previous 2 or 3 years in the UK. If you do it sooner, rather than later, you may be able to sort it out before you move. One added advantage is that your spouse, if you have one, is also entitled to the same health care, even if their contributions to national insurance don't qualify. I know this because my hubby worked out of Uk for a few years and he qualified on my contributiions.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thats brilliant - thank you for replying - I did ring them earlier and they said we could only apply only four weeks before we left and with Christmas coming I thought that was cutting it fine so thought I would see if anyone knew whether I could apply online.

Sue
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is an email address HERE maybe they will give you the info you need.

Quite close to bottom of page

Last edited by jdr; Dec 5th 2006 at 9:13 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:11 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Thats brilliant - thank you for replying - I did ring them earlier and they said we could only apply only four weeks before we left and with Christmas coming I thought that was cutting it fine so thought I would see if anyone knew whether I could apply online.

Sue
No problem Sue, just do it as soon as you can. Good luck.

JJ
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Sue
Hi Sue,

Rang newcastle the other day, you cant apply until 4 weeks min of leaving country, they tell you there and then if you are approved or not, you cannot have a job lined up and you must be actively seeking work in Spain, if you are approved it covers you for 2 years.

Paul
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Hi Sue,

Rang newcastle the other day, you cant apply until 4 weeks min of leaving country, they tell you there and then if you are approved or not, you cannot have a job lined up and you must be actively seeking work in Spain, if you are approved it covers you for 2 years.

Paul
An E106 is for if you are not working in Spain, a sort of early retirement cover till you join the Spanish system.

Click on Medical Services 33... HERE

Last edited by jdr; Dec 5th 2006 at 9:46 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
An E106 is for if you are not working in Spain, a sort of early retirement cover till you join the Spanish system.

Read here

Cant get the link to open here, all I can get is "this page has been moved" but this is part of text :

33. Living (but not working) in another EEA country

If you are going to live, but not work, in another EEA country, you may get healthcare cover from the UK for yourself, and for any members of your family who depend on you and who go with you, under the state scheme of the other country.

Beg to differ on this one, but E106 is not for pensioners and is for 2 years cover for people seeking employment, you have limited cover on your UK health card, but once on your local padron plus registered with your local social security office you take all relevent forms to your local medical centre and are registered, it is dependent on last 3 years contributions in the UK, not everybody is intitled. A husband or wife may be able to get registration on the other partners E106. You can not register on a medical register unless you have this or are paying into the spanish state system, or are of UK pesion age. The UK health card covers emergency treatment only.

Paul
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Beg to differ on this one, but E106 is not for pensioners and is for 2 years cover for people seeking employment, you have limited cover on your UK health card, but once on your local padron plus registered with your local social security office you take all relevent forms to your local medical centre and are registered, it is dependent on last 3 years contributions in the UK, not everybody is intitled. A husband or wife may be able to get registration on the other partners E106. You can not register on a medical register unless you have this or are paying into the spanish state system, or are of UK pesion age. The UK health card covers emergency treatment only.

Paul

Look at earlier thread SIPS a few pages back some good info an links prompted me to ring Newcastle, got really usefull advise, ps im 45 and they said i could have one

Paul
Old Dec 5th 2006, 10:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Paul
I did not say pensioners, but people who are not working, IE possibly early retired to help cover them till their retirement.
I got the link working now, click on the link and scroll down to Medical services number 33 "Living (but not working) in another EEA country"

I think number 32 is more relevent to what you mean about seeking work.

Last edited by jdr; Dec 5th 2006 at 10:21 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you all for your responses - have spoken to Newcastle and forms on the way!! Another job done!!

Sue
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
I did not say pensioners, but people who are not working, IE possibly early retired to help cover them till their retirement.
I got the link working now, click on the link and scroll down to Medical services number 33 "Living (but not working) in another EEA country"

I think number 32 is more relevent to what you mean about seeking work.

Hi JDR, same thing really, most people dont have a job to go to when they go to Spain, but the generaly most people do not know about the E106, gives you some breathing space. From what i have read on different forums a lot of people go with just there health cards and pay as you go for health care or get medical insurance (except for emergency treatment). I think if you have paid enough contributions into the UK system to qualify this is a much better way to get onto the spanish NHS system. Although i am sure that the system is reviewed by the spanish social security dept yearly, so if you are not working legally after the two years or self employed (paying a huge wad each month) then you are back to private or pay as you go.

Paul
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Hi JDR, same thing really, most people dont have a job to go to when they go to Spain, but the generaly most people do not know about the E106, gives you some breathing space. From what i have read on different forums a lot of people go with just there health cards and pay as you go for health care or get medical insurance (except for emergency treatment). I think if you have paid enough contributions into the UK system to qualify this is a much better way to get onto the spanish NHS system. Although i am sure that the system is reviewed by the spanish social security dept yearly, so if you are not working legally after the two years or self employed (paying a huge wad each month) then you are back to private or pay as you go.

Paul
They certainly hide the forms away, when I asked about them the closest I got was a phone number for immigration dept.

Apparently you can get a job seekers allowance that also covers you and dependants, number 32 on that link.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about
Default Not quite the E106, but.....

For info, my wife and I visited the Social Security office Malaga the other day to re-new our EU medical cards and the chap actually checked as to whether or not my Spanish autonomo payments were up to date before issuing our cards.

Last edited by meseta; Dec 7th 2006 at 9:45 am. Reason: extra info