Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

E Petition for a specific MP for expats overseas

E Petition for a specific MP for expats overseas

Old Nov 4th 2013, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile E Petition for a specific MP for expats overseas

Here is a link to the new petition asking for a specific MP for UK citizens living abroad similar to other countries:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/55085

Follow the principal of no taxation without representation for those who still pay taxes to HMRC.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:40 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E Petition for a specific MP for expats overseas

Why, if you have chosen to leave the UK that is your decision , just as it is to continue to pay tax in the UK rather than your country of residence.
You make your own bed and should lie in it.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: E Petition for a specific MP for expats overseas

Originally Posted by EMR
Why, if you have chosen to leave the UK that is your decision , just as it is to continue to pay tax in the UK rather than your country of residence.
You make your own bed and should lie in it.
YOU are so rude!

I pay all the tax that HMRC demand I have no choice! I pay tax here in Spain to the Hacienda. I do not have a vote anywhere that reflects that!

I am registered on the Padron and pay all local taxes for which I am able to vote and I do.

I lie in my bed that does not make it comfortable or me happy!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Loosing your vote as you put it was one of the factors you should take into account when you decide to leave the UK.
We already have too many MP,s, the last thing we need is for another one with no local connections or loyalties.
No doubt you are taking advantage of the double taxation relief so should not be paying any more than the" possible" difference between UK and Spanish tax rates.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:14 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
YOU are so rude!
Sad isn't it ?
No manners, can't spell,
Chip on shoulder a mile high.
Makes you wonder, eh ?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

What a daft idea.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:42 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
What a daft idea.
It may look that way to you from your distant ivory tower in LA, but maybe the Expats have a point considering they are still British Citizens with numerous connections, interests and often reliance on the UK system of which most are still part.

As mentioned in the link, French expats seem to be adequately considered and catered for in that respect.

Also noticeable that very few Brits ever choose to renounce their British citizenship in favour of a Spanish one, in fact I don't personally know of a single person who has made that choice, though I can't say I'm greatly surprised.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:04 am
EMR
Banned

Just image the storm of vitriol that world descend if the post above had the words British were changed to Pakistani and the poster instead of being a Brit came from there.
The trouble with we Brits is that we expect everything to be the same as the UK where ever we go and cannot understand why it is not.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:19 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by EMR
Just image the storm of vitriol that world descend if the post above had the words British were changed to Pakistani and the poster instead of being a Brit came from there.
The trouble with we Brits is that we expect everything to be the same as the UK where ever we go and cannot understand why it is not.
What a ridiculous comparison for reasons to numerous to list.

One moment you are ranting about the benefits of the EU, the next you seem to have a total mind blockage.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 9:53 am
EMR
Banned

DD, your post clearly demonsrates the myopic view that many Brits abroad have of ther situation.
EG, We really do not want to be French, Spanish etc, we want everything we had in the UK and cannot understand why we should not have it.
There are some things that you will lose when you move from the UK.
Its a fact of life, just accept it.
Whats next another petition to force the BBC and ITV to provide Eastenders, Corrie X factor etc.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:28 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by EMR
DD, your post clearly demonsrates the myopic view that many Brits abroad have of ther situation.
EG, We really do not want to be French, Spanish etc, we want everything we had in the UK and cannot understand why we should not have it.
There are some things that you will lose when you move from the UK.
Its a fact of life, just accept it.
Whats next another petition to force the BBC and ITV to provide Eastenders, Corrie X factor etc.
Not at all, as far as I'm concerned myself I've had little problem adapting wherever I've been.

However it's only natural that folk from all over the World, not only Brits, should always want the best that's achievable for themselves wherever they choose to live.

If in the case of Brits they see other EU members being granted benefits they don't have themselves, then it's only human nature to consider the same.

Apart from that I thought that's what the EU was supposed to be all about, though obviously the greedy pigs in Brussels with their noses deepest in the trough are somewhat reluctant to practice what they preach.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:55 am
EMR
Banned

This petition is nothing to do with the EU.
It is about the UK parliament having MP,s for those Brits who for whatever reason have left the UK.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
This petition is nothing to do with the EU.
It is about the UK parliament having MP,s for those Brits who for whatever reason have left the UK.
I guess you won't be running to the nearest British Consulate if you lose your passport then? .
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:53 pm
EMR
Banned

The consular service has got nothing to do with Expats having an MP who they can moan to about how unfair life is in Spain, Portugal or wherever they may be.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
The consular service has got nothing to do with Expats having an MP who they can moan to about how unfair life is in Spain, Portugal or wherever they may be.
My God, what a fun job that would be! Suppose the pay and perks would be good, though, with an 11% pay rise in the offing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.