DWP in Spain

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

DWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to all
Default DWP in Spain

Hello everyone

I am posting on here as part of the new DWP team in Spain. We run a general information service of Expats about their rights to pensions, benefits and healthcare. A lot of good stuff can be found here:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...ions-benefits/

but...I'm also happy to answer any questions you have.

FYI - the British Consulate in Barcelona is holding two open days next week in Girona (10th) and Tarragona (11th). You have to register beforehand to attend and the link to do this can be found here:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...fits/open-day/

Regards

DWP Spain
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DWP in Spain

Welcome DWPinSpain.

I am sure your input will be very useful on this forum.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 3:16 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, that will be very useful!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DWPinSpain
Hello everyone

I am posting on here as part of the new DWP team in Spain. We run a general information service of Expats about their rights to pensions, benefits and healthcare. A lot of good stuff can be found here:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...ions-benefits/

but...I'm also happy to answer any questions you have.

FYI - the British Consulate in Barcelona is holding two open days next week in Girona (10th) and Tarragona (11th). You have to register beforehand to attend and the link to do this can be found here:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...fits/open-day/

Regards

DWP Spain
Welcome DWPinSpain, nice to see you here.

Just to get the ball rolling.

I have paid a full whack of insurance stamps to qualify for a full pension, but when I claimed my pension I was told as I left the UK, despite still being in another country in the EU where I can claim my pension, before I was 65 I have lost 9% of my pension, this is loosing me 15 pounds a week and with the exchange rate as it is very frustrating.
Apparently from 60 to 65 you are credited the extra years ? although I have already paid enough stamps according to HM Revenue and Customs Nat Ins Conts Office, International Pensions said they would contact them and see what I needed to pay for a full pension, I had a final bill for 6 pounds 80 pence recently.
If this is the case then it is extremely unfair as it is supposed to be a European community so I feel that I should be entitled to these credits as if I was in the UK.
Please don`t tell me to pay the back stamps as I have already paid 43 years worth and I would be about 71 before I broke even, if I am still here.
In 2010 I would of only need 30 years stamps for a full pension, I am definately not a happy bunny, what ever is going on. :curse:

TIA for your reply.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Some clear information on here. Glad you posted.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:16 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DWP in Spain,

And Welcome. I hope that you don't live to regret it - I feel you may be inundated by obscure queries. Good Luck

Davexf
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Please don`t tell me to pay the back stamps as I have already paid 43 years worth and I would be about 71 before I broke even, if I am still here.
If you have paid 43 years then you are only one year short and should be getting about 97% of the full pension.

Incidentally the pay back period for paying voluntary contributions is about 3 years. It's actually a very good deal.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi DWP in Spain,

And Welcome. I hope that you don't live to regret it - I feel you may be inundated by obscure queries. Good Luck

Davexf
If they are salaried they should be prepared to answer all questions however obscure surely?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you have paid 43 years then you are only one year short and should be getting about 97% of the full pension.

Incidentally the pay back period for paying voluntary contributions is about 3 years. It's actually a very good deal.
There is a slight discrepancy between HM E and C and the pension people.
I got a bill for total contributions owed for 6 pounds 80 pence, but the pension people listed 5 years owing and said I could pay any of 4 of them to get 100%.
I paid stamps from 15 years old to 59, 44 years but apparently the first year is not counted, why not ?
I sent them a copy of the paid bill, but as it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a reply I am still waiting for a reply.
I have been trying to sort my claim out since early September. ;-((
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:43 pm

It sounds like a nice little challenge for our new member to advise on.

We await his (her) comments with interest!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

And can you help us Portuguese? Are the rules the same for us?

JDR, that doesn't sound atall fair and I think my husband may be in the same position. Have had a glass of wine (and driven from Portugal to Nueva Andalusia today) so will look again tomorrow!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

LittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum and thank you for offering some advice to the members here. It´s great to see the consulate taking an active interest in the welfare British expat community.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

DWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to all

Thank you for the welcome and there are some interesting questions on here. I'll post again on Thursday.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

As this is likely to be a very popular and useful thread, any way any mod can make it a sticky, so it's always at the top?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by mikelincs
As this is likely to be a very popular and useful thread, any way any mod can make it a sticky, so it's always at the top?
I may keep it live for a while yet. ;-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.