Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DVLA equivalent?????

DVLA equivalent?????

Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:25 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default DVLA equivalent?????

Hi, please can anybody help me......... some info...
Took my car out to Spain couple of years ago and changed to Spanish plates, didnt stay in spain and then returned to UK. Changed plates back to UK plates.
Decided to drive out to Spain to pick up my little spanish dog and broke down in France, left my car with the garage to scrap as was tooooo expensive to repair. Now the upshot of it is..... my local town hall in spain is charging me (I think its about 100 euros) every year, have payed this for the last 2 years as I cannot make them understand that car was now english plates etc. They said I should let valencia (DVLA?) know.mmmmmm, this could be tricky and dont know what to do, suppose I could keep paying but why should I?
anybody any advice?
crikey dont I go on..
thanks
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:39 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVLA equivalent?????

You need to contact Trafico in the province you lived in and 'deregister' it, otherwise they will keep taking this money off you for the road tax.

Have a look at this thread I started on another forum about exporting a scooter; should tell you all you need to know.

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/view...+spain#p204185
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:51 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Visit your local Gestor & get them to contact traffico to wipe the vehicle off the books.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

you need to "baja" the car.....a gestor will do it for you unless you can do it yourself. I know lady near Gandia that will do it, she did ours, give me a shout if you want her number

the traffico office is in valencia, have been there and must say very efficient and quick !!!!!

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
Hi, please can anybody help me......... some info...
Took my car out to Spain couple of years ago and changed to Spanish plates, didnt stay in spain and then returned to UK. Changed plates back to UK plates.
Decided to drive out to Spain to pick up my little spanish dog and broke down in France, left my car with the garage to scrap as was tooooo expensive to repair. Now the upshot of it is..... my local town hall in spain is charging me (I think its about 100 euros) every year, have payed this for the last 2 years as I cannot make them understand that car was now english plates etc. They said I should let valencia (DVLA?) know.mmmmmm, this could be tricky and dont know what to do, suppose I could keep paying but why should I?
anybody any advice?
crikey dont I go on..
thanks
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:19 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

thanks for all your advice, mucho appreciated, pat