Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dual sim card adaptor - Mobile Phone

Dual sim card adaptor - Mobile Phone

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Default Dual sim card adaptor - Mobile Phone

I am thinking of buying one of these and wonder if anyone on this site has already done so.

I want to fit a Spanish and English card into my XDA Orbit phone come PDA to save having to have 2 phones or keep changing cards over.

p.s. I do not want to spend a minimum of £50 buying a phone with a dual card facility built in. The adaptor only costs £6
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual sim card adaptor - Mobile Phone

Originally Posted by Justlookin
I am thinking of buying one of these and wonder if anyone on this site has already done so.

I want to fit a Spanish and English card into my XDA Orbit phone come PDA to save having to have 2 phones or keep changing cards over.

p.s. I do not want to spend a minimum of £50 buying a phone with a dual card facility built in. The adaptor only costs £6
I had one about six years ago on a Nokia, nearly as bad as changing the sim over timewise though, save 20 seconds without changing the sim. ;-))
Maybe they have changed the technology by now to make it easier.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
I had one about six years ago on a Nokia, nearly as bad as changing the sim over timewise though, save 20 seconds without changing the sim. ;-))
Maybe they have changed the technology by now to make it easier.
Come on now,six years.

According to one ad I've seen recently they are now on the 13th generation, whatever that means.

But seriously, I think they have probably improved over the last few months let alone years - that's what this technology is like.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justlookin
Come on now,six years.

According to one ad I've seen recently they are now on the 13th generation, whatever that means.

But seriously, I think they have probably improved over the last few months let alone years - that's what this technology is like.
I know they may of moved on, but you still have to shut down one sim and log onto the other unless both sims are live at the same time, so as I said all you save is twenty seconds by not having to swop sims. ;-))
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
I know they may of moved on, but you still have to shut down one sim and log onto the other unless both sims are live at the same time, so as I said all you save is twenty seconds by not having to swop sims. ;-))
I agree but with my phone the less I take the back off the better. The phone prefers the sim card to be left where it is, otherwise it keeps telling me it can't find the card.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Hi,

not had a sim adaptor, but ive got a dual sim phone, ive got a Vodafone and a Movistar sim in it, both work at the same time so you dont have to switch it off to swop, the problem ive got it that the signal is not as good as in 2 seperate photos, but it does save carrying 2 phones round, im looking for a better one at the moment, so if anyone can recommend anything........
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Hi,

not had a sim adaptor, but ive got a dual sim phone, ive got a Vodafone and a Movistar sim in it, both work at the same time so you dont have to switch it off to swop, the problem ive got it that the signal is not as good as in 2 seperate photos, but it does save carrying 2 phones round, im looking for a better one at the moment, so if anyone can recommend anything........
How do you know which sim you are using if both are on ?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Hi,

they are both working at the same time, but when you get an incoming call , it tells you which sim it is from, ie; it says either 'incoming call' (sim 1) or 'slave card' (sim 2) plus the number/name of who ever is calling you,

when you want to dail a niumber, you can chose wether you want to dail from sim 1 or sim 2

its really easy, but like ive said the only problem with mine is the 'lack off' signal, im going to email a company today that sells lots of different 'dual sim' phones to see what they recommend, and then buy a new one.
there are loads for sale on Ebay

Jenny
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

they are both working at the same time, but when you get an incoming call , it tells you which sim it is from, ie; it says either 'incoming call' (sim 1) or 'slave card' (sim 2) plus the number/name of who ever is calling you,

when you want to dail a niumber, you can chose wether you want to dail from sim 1 or sim 2

its really easy, but like ive said the only problem with mine is the 'lack off' signal, im going to email a company today that sells lots of different 'dual sim' phones to see what they recommend, and then buy a new one.
there are loads for sale on Ebay

Jenny
May I suggest the Samsung D880 (I think) currently advertised on e-bay at £207.00.

The trouble with the others advertised is that they are not recognised market brands and may not be easy to repair etc. Read the helpful info on e-bay on the topic. You have the choice of paying a minimum of £59 plus postage for the cheapest or just £209 for the Samsung. Also check out the specs as the cheaper phones do not have both sims on at the same time

At the moment I'm trying to take the cheapest route with the adaptor.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

thanks for that, well ive been naughty and gone and ordered one, well im having a naughty week, ordered a new car yesterday so hopefully should have both by next week
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

thanks for that, well ive been naughty and gone and ordered one, well im having a naughty week, ordered a new car yesterday so hopefully should have both by next week
Ordered one what? (or which?)

Was it on the advice of the company you contacted?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

LOL,

ive ordered the Samsung dual sim phone, , at least that way I can send it back if there are problems, it looks a decent phone and at least its a known brand, the one im using noe is a Cect? one, but in a Nokia case, so some of the buttons dont work

the company that I emailed have not replied :curse: so they lost out on a sale,

i will post when I get it to tell you what its like, let me know how you get on with a dual sim card if you get one

Jenny
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

LOL,

ive ordered the Samsung dual sim phone, , at least that way I can send it back if there are problems, it looks a decent phone and at least its a known brand, the one im using noe is a Cect? one, but in a Nokia case, so some of the buttons dont work

the company that I emailed have not replied :curse: so they lost out on a sale,

i will post when I get it to tell you what its like, let me know how you get on with a dual sim card if you get one

Jenny
It's the CECT phones that are mainly on e-bay,either under that name or another (simply another cover).

Glad you bought the Samsung. You can look at videos of it in Rumanian and French on U-Tube!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Well the Sansung 880 arrived today (it would of got here in 3 days, but got 'stuck; in customs) had to pay 42€ but hey never mind,

the phone is really nice, good quality, and works so much better than the CECT one i had, easier to use, not so complicated, perfect

Jenny
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Well the Sansung 880 arrived today (it would of got here in 3 days, but got 'stuck; in customs) had to pay 42€ but hey never mind,

the phone is really nice, good quality, and works so much better than the CECT one i had, easier to use, not so complicated, perfect

Jenny
Where was itsent from, for you to have to pay duty/tax?

So glad you are so pleased. Frankly the CECT phones do not get a good write up anywhere so far as I can see.

It seems that the adaptor card is out for me as it apparently messes things up for the PDA part of the phone. So now I will be looking for a very cheap pay as you go whn we next go to Spain in mid April.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.