Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Drugs and Spain Murcia

Drugs and Spain Murcia

Old May 14th 2008, 2:34 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Unhappy Drugs and Spain

Spain currently holds the dubious title of having the world’s greatest number of cocaine addicts, even ahead of Colombia and the USA. Even more terrifying is that first-time users are becoming younger – by the age of 14, thousands will have already tried illegal drugs.

In the Murcia region, the crisis is particularly serious. The number of under-18s who have taken cocaine has more than doubled in the past decade to 7.7 per cent, with 10 per cent of teenage girls admitting to sporadic use of the drug. In fact, just over six per cent of the region’s adult population has taken it in the last year, compared to a national average of 2.5 per cent.

La Arrixaca Hospital in the city of Murcia is constantly busy at the weekends with young and older people admitted suffering from the classic symptoms of drug-use – trembling, agitation, fits and even heart attacks and hemorrhaging.

I know we think crime is low here compared to the UK but what we should remember is crime and drugs go hand in hand. Look out for the signs and warn your children, The summers coming and the pubs and clubs will be gearing up for a bumper year just take care.
On another subject try to keep computers out of your child's bedroom you can then keep an eye on what they are viewing and with whom they are chatting...... Dad on the other hand Sorry I normally am light hearted in my jottings hereon but have heard a lot about the drugs problems here over the last week and thought I would share my concerns, It is not just the youngsters either with regards taking cocaine, Some of us oldies are at it too.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 14th 2008 at 2:50 am.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs and Spain Murcia

Its very bad in Torrevieja..........
Old May 14th 2008, 7:50 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its very bad in Torrevieja..........
Wasn't that why there was a shortage of €20 notes several years ago? Because the Spanish were using them to snort coke with and either something in the coke or the cutting agent used was degrading the notes so they were falling to bits?
Old May 14th 2008, 7:52 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drugs and Spain

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Spain currently holds the dubious title of having the world’s greatest number of cocaine addicts, even ahead of Colombia and the USA. Even more terrifying is that first-time users are becoming younger – by the age of 14, thousands will have already tried illegal drugs.

In the Murcia region, the crisis is particularly serious. The number of under-18s who have taken cocaine has more than doubled in the past decade to 7.7 per cent, with 10 per cent of teenage girls admitting to sporadic use of the drug. In fact, just over six per cent of the region’s adult population has taken it in the last year, compared to a national average of 2.5 per cent.

La Arrixaca Hospital in the city of Murcia is constantly busy at the weekends with young and older people admitted suffering from the classic symptoms of drug-use – trembling, agitation, fits and even heart attacks and hemorrhaging.

I know we think crime is low here compared to the UK but what we should remember is crime and drugs go hand in hand. Look out for the signs and warn your children, The summers coming and the pubs and clubs will be gearing up for a bumper year just take care.
On another subject try to keep computers out of your child's bedroom you can then keep an eye on what they are viewing and with whom they are chatting...... Dad on the other hand Sorry I normally am light hearted in my jottings hereon but have heard a lot about the drugs problems here over the last week and thought I would share my concerns, It is not just the youngsters either with regards taking cocaine, Some of us oldies are at it too.
Were you up late or did you get up early?
Old May 14th 2008, 7:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
its the drugs........
Old May 14th 2008, 7:53 am

its the drugs........
That thought did cross my mind too!
Old May 14th 2008, 7:54 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I have a very bad neck and back injury and can only sleep a couple of hours at a time so I get up and bore you lot
Old May 14th 2008, 7:54 am
Straw Man.

That thought did cross my mind too!
ever get the feeling that without us two no one would ever post?
Old May 14th 2008, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I have a very bad neck and back injury and can only sleep a couple of hours at a time so I get up and bore you lot
You could never bore us!

ever get the feeling that without us two no one would ever post?

Yes!

So does that make us saddos of them saddos?
Old May 14th 2008, 7:57 am
Straw Man.

You could never bore us!

Yes!

So does that make us saddos of them saddos?
I thnk it makes us saddos...........
Old May 14th 2008, 7:58 am

I thnk it makes us saddos...........
I was hoping you wouldnt say that!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:24 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Those goddam coke sniffers get right up my nose!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by XTreme
Those goddam coke sniffers get right up my nose!
Can we draw a line under this now!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:44 am
Straw Man.

Can we draw a line under this now!
This subject isnt something to sniff at you know, don't powder coat it!
Old May 16th 2008, 3:09 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

yu think spain has a problem with drugs well i live in leicester and the word is that in most work places drugs are like buying smarties my son tells me in his office that his boss who is in his 40s snorts cocain at lunch time for 20.00 a rap very open about it not just his boss but he says 60%of his work mates use it.all so to them its no big deal .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.