Reload this Page >

Driving to Spain

Driving to Spain

Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

debi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving to Spain

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
hi they are 14, 13 and 5 we only managed 5 weeks out there, however next time we go i will make sure we are there for a lot longer lol.
What does your hubby do? where abouts in the costa blanca are you goingxxx
he,s a hgv removal driver!! we,re planning on going to la marina urb it,s between alicante and torrevieja. Did u get ure children in spanish school? if so how did they settle?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

debi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Debi,

Use Via Michellin put in your route, type of car, etc and it will give you approximations of petrol and tolls. It is updated frequently and quite accurate

Martha
Thanks for that! I,ll get the other half to look at that, planning the route is more his dept than mine! It does sound a good site and the idea of putting toll money in seperate bags is a good one (not something i would of thought of!) thanks for that The Oddities!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

Just printed off our route, one question though is it well signposted when you get off the ferry
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover27
Just printed off our route, one question though is it well signposted when you get off the ferry

Yes its fairly easy ... you've got the road numbers on your Michelin printout, so just look for the numbers, its easy honest .... If my wife can navigate me through it anyone can
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:23 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Being a techy git im tomtom`ing it the whole way.. will print off routes just in case as well

Im taking ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, might be easier on the kids doing it that way, saves them being stuffed in the car for 2 days straight.
You avoid the french tolls, the mileage, having to find a hotel
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:20 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover27
Everything is pretty well sign posted, but just to be on the safe side, purchase a European road map as well to have with you while travelling.

We mapped out the michelin route on the European map and off we went. Didn't get lost once