Just Joined

henegwarn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving at 17

Hi Guys,

im going out to spain in a few weeks
i need to know whether i can drive out there
il be driving my brothers english corsa,
i have a full license
and i DONT live there ( so il be a tourist)
i just need to know if i get stopped will i be driving illegally?

thanks
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Driving at 17

I think as long as your licence has a euro flag on it you should be ok.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that
insurance wise do you think il be able to get like short term cover in spain or do it from the uk?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henegwarn
thanks for that
insurance wise do you think il be able to get like short term cover in spain or do it from the uk?
You have to be 18 to drive a car in Spain.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:09 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

full license more then one year old and be over 18 with full coverage off insurance , ran in two small problem with loacl cops one day , thanks to cop as told no in spain , young cousin off my and was all dealt at side road , no fine are anything , lucky

Last edited by jurdyr; Feb 15th 2009 at 9:12 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
You have to be 18 to drive a car in Spain.
so does that mean that i cannot drive altogether?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henegwarn
so does that mean that i cannot drive altogether?
The minimum driving age in Spain is 18.

Which bit don't you understand??

Even at age 18 you would not be insured unless your brother had any driver aged under 26 named on his insurance

Last edited by big wheels; Feb 15th 2009 at 10:34 pm.