Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Drinking water testing

Drinking water testing

Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drinking water testing

Does anyone know where I can get my water tested to ensure it is of drinking quality?

I live south of Granada and my drinking water just comes from my deposito - same as for watering my trees. Been drinking it for years now straight out of the tap with no probs whatsoever. Just got a feeling now that maybe I ought to get it tested.

Cheers,
Bill
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

pampasgrass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drinking water testing

There is also the point that if your water is stored in a deposito it might be "stale". Do you regularly clean out the deposito? Do you add any chlorine?

I used to drink our water from the tap for the first couple of years we were here, with no ill effects, but after then I started to think about it having been stored in the deposito. We still use it for boiling and cooking with, cleaning teeth etc. but buy bottled water for drinking.

We haven't yet got round to having it tested for minerals, but I understand you can do this at a pharmacy. Hopefully someone else will have more information.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Though the point's worth investigating, I'd say that if you've had no ill effects the water's probably ok.... and your immune system(s) are benefitting too!
ref depositos, it depends how they're plumbed - and of course if you're not on mains that's irrelevant!
It's possible to plumb them so all the water goes 'through' the depositos so it's constantly refreshing.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

When I bought my house the seller gave me a paper showing the water was A1 to drink.On the concrete locker for the meters it says not drinkable
Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:25 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
Does anyone know where I can get my water tested to ensure it is of drinking quality?

I live south of Granada and my drinking water just comes from my deposito - same as for watering my trees. Been drinking it for years now straight out of the tap with no probs whatsoever. Just got a feeling now that maybe I ought to get it tested.

Cheers,
Bill
Here in Galicia it is the Xunta de Galicia who undertakes the testing. So I looked up the Andalusia's Junta website maybe the answer is here?
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/agenciadelagua/
But only ask them if you are 100% sure your source is legal. If they find any problem with the quality they will close the supply off and not allow you to use it until it is clean. I would hate to be in that situation.
Good luck