Double Cream!!

Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:38 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Double Cream!!

We are thinking of buying an ice cream maker to bring over with us but understand that fresh cream (double) is the basis of a lot of the recipes. Is it possible to get fresh cream cartons in the supermarkets out there? I only remember seeing Elmlea.

We didn't think there was a good choice of ice cream over there so decided to make our own.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double Cream!!

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
We are thinking of buying an ice cream maker to bring over with us but understand that fresh cream (double) is the basis of a lot of the recipes. Is it possible to get fresh cream cartons in the supermarkets out there? I only remember seeing Elmlea.

We didn't think there was a good choice of ice cream over there so decided to make our own.
we buy 35% cream.....it's almost the same

mercadona has a good range of ice cream...have you tried 'leche merengada'...( I think that's how you spell it?) yummy.........
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:25 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Thanks for the reply. Where do you get the 35% cream from. Can you remember what make it is?

We havent actually bought any ice cream yet as we have not been to stay at our place for very long so not worth buying it. We have only looked in Intermarch up to now. Will be investigating the Mercadona one when we come to live in August

Gill
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we buy 35% cream.....it's almost the same

mercadona has a good range of ice cream...have you tried 'leche merengada'...( I think that's how you spell it?) yummy.........
Could you tell me the make of cream that you can get that is 35% and is it at Mercadona?

We have used Mercadona's whipping cream and found that to be good.

Thanks

Rosemary
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:49 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Are you for real????? Not sure what it´s like where you are going but everywhere I have been there are heladerias on every corner with a choice of about 50 different flavours. And bloody good quality usually as well.

None of the lame old chocolate/strawberry/vanilla.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Best icecream and chocolate in the world is here.
Even mercadona cheap vanilla knocks the spots off UK stuff.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:05 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Could you tell me the make of cream that you can get that is 35% and is it at Mercadona?

We have used Mercadona's whipping cream and found that to be good.

Thanks

Rosemary
just the 'hacendado' own brand....not quite as good....but nearly!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Rita1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Best icecream and chocolate in the world is here.
Even mercadona cheap vanilla knocks the spots off UK stuff.
I vote for the greek yogurt and honey version. Yum.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:27 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Although I am not fond of the shop my favourite is walnut ice-cream from Lidl, try it
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mercadona's cappuccino, tiramasu and their caramello is to die for.

Carrefour does a wonderful Passion de Cafe ice cream.

Great ice-cream to be had in Spain.

Rosemary
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Mercadona's cappuccino, tiramasu and their caramello is to die for.

Carrefour does a wonderful Passion de Cafe ice cream.

Great ice-cream to be had in Spain.

Rosemary
ok mouth is watering!!!

also love the frozen yoghurt with mango sauce
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ok mouth is watering!!!

also love the frozen yoghurt with mango sauce
Have not tried that one yet so guess what I will be buying on our next shopping trip!!!!!!

Rosemary
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:47 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Have not tried that one yet so guess what I will be buying on our next shopping trip!!!!!!

Rosemary
low fat/sugar too
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:39 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Maybe we should around a bit more.

Would still like to know about the 35% cream though as we always have cream in the UK for loads of things.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:03 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Maybe we should around a bit more.

Would still like to know about the 35% cream though as we always have cream in the UK for loads of things.

Have never had trouble finding cream, Eroski, Mercadona, Supersol, Hipcor have even had my fav clotted cream you just have to keep your eyes open, as for ice cream yum yum don't be put of by the package just buy and try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.