Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Don't visit Madrid this week...

Don't visit Madrid this week...

Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:28 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't visit Madrid this week...

... completely full to the brim.....

Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Much as I'd like to see the Madrid teams do well, I fear this could be as far as they get in the Champions League this season..
Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't visit Madrid this week...

What a strange post, ordering folk not to visit Spain's capital city this week just because there's a couple of footie matches taking place !

Full to the brim ?

I mean why should it be, can the city not cope with a few thousand visiting footie fans for a couple of nights ?

Little wonder Madrid's Olympic bid flopped miserably, if that is the case.

No doubt we'll get a complete report that the economy is booming again when quite a few take to the bars for an hour or two to watch the games on TV,

.......but other than that..........???
Old Apr 20th 2014, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
... completely full to the brim.....

Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Much as I'd like to see the Madrid teams do well, I fear this could be as far as they get in the Champions League this season..
I would love to be there for both matches but business calls.

I reckon Chelsea will beat AM and RM will beat Bayern Munich

An all Madrid final will send the city crazy.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:09 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy

MM.. interesting prediction. Bayern may be struggling a little, but they walloped the Spanish opposition last season.
Chelsea? Maybe, but again they have to put a recent dip in form behind them.
I saw a local tourist shop advertising tickets for the Atleti game this morning - a cool 175 euros...
Given that it's Easter week in some countries (many flying to Spain), and also that the football followers will be in town, it's going to be extremely hard to get accommodation at a decent rate this week. Which accounts for the joke thread title (in Siesta time) - don't visit Madrid this week. Surprised I had to spell it out..
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:14 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Sid Lowe and colleagues discuss the coming semi-finals in Madrid

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy

I am Stuck, I want it for Simone and Atletico as they have been amazing this season and they are fired up, I hope they do a number Chelsea next week, then again I would like to see Jose v Pep, or V Real in the final as he has form here, he is a petulant little man who plays games with the press and I believe they gave it to him with both barrels after refusing to answer questions to the (Spanish) media in Spanish yesterday/day before.

What he did to Tito, well Burgos said 'El Mono' Burgos le espetó a Mourinho: "¡Yo no soy Tito, yo te arranco la cabeza!".

'El Mono' Burgos snapped to Mourinho: "I'm not Tito, I'll rip your head off".

I watched Mou last night, he hardly moved, as did Burgos, maybe a dodgy incident at the Bridge will kick the pair off.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
What a strange post, ordering folk not to visit Spain's capital city this week just because there's a couple of footie matches taking place !

Full to the brim ?

I mean why should it be, can the city not cope with a few thousand visiting footie fans for a couple of nights ?

Little wonder Madrid's Olympic bid flopped miserably, if that is the case.

No doubt we'll get a complete report that the economy is booming again when quite a few take to the bars for an hour or two to watch the games on TV,

.......but other than that..........???
Most of the fans for Chelsea would have flown straight back last night
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:38 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Strange that according to reports only 2,900 Chelsea fans came to town, whereas 5,000 Bayern fans are meant to be here. Have to say that I've seen quite a lot of Bayern fans around today; I didn't see many Chelsea yesterday at all. Could be down to ticket allocations I suppose...
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Strange that according to reports only 2,900 Chelsea fans came to town, whereas 5,000 Bayern fans are meant to be here. Have to say that I've seen quite a lot of Bayern fans around today; I didn't see many Chelsea yesterday at all. Could be down to ticket allocations I suppose...

lol, Gazprom FC owner subsidised the tickets for Plastic Chelsea fans as well.

Yes I would assume that is why too, the Calderon has a 54,000 Capacity, the Bernabeu has 82,000.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 4:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well in a city that had aspirations of holding the Olympics, it's a sad situation if it can't host less than ten thousand visiting footie fans many of them not even stopping overnight, bearing in mind also that the Semana Santa spectacle is now also over.

If that's the case, it's little wonder the Olympic committee didn't waste any time in showing Madrid the door..........on no less than three occasions.

There again it's likely there were a variety of other negative reasons for their decisions.

Cafe con Leche, anyone ?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:23 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Looks like the German fans are enjoying their visit to Madrid at any rate.
Wonder if they think it'll be a stroll in the park tonight? They have to be favourites (their manager Pep has an impressive record against Real)

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:27 pm
On the road again.

Wonder what they think of Spanish beer ?

There again probably better not to ask.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:43 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Wonder what they think of Spanish beer ?

There again probably better not to ask.
They seem happy enough in the picture...
...but there again German wheat beer can be had in various places in Madrid now, often on draught - and if people don't want to pay bar prices they can pop in Lidl.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

They seem happy enough in the picture...
...but there again German wheat beer can be had in various places in Madrid now, often on draught - and if people don't want to pay bar prices they can pop in Lidl.
I went to a bar in Alicante the other night, I complained that it was selling Vletins on tap, then they told me it was a German bar, It was quite funny at the time.

Also just to add at about 5am when I left the town, outside the night clubs there were loads of pissed Spanish birds, no different to the English trollopes albeit better dressed / more pleasing on the eye, but I would have had beer goggles on, anyone who says they don't get hammered at the weekends well they are wrong, now I have seen it and my mate Miguel, he says that kind of English drinking culture can be found at times in Spain.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 6:21 pm
Not Banned (yet)

I went to a bar in Alicante the other night, I complained that it was selling Vletins on tap, then they told me it was a German bar, It was quite funny at the time.

Also just to add at about 5am when I left the town, outside the night clubs there were loads of pissed Spanish birds, no different to the English trollopes albeit better dressed / more pleasing on the eye, but I would have had beer goggles on, anyone who says they don't get hammered at the weekends well they are wrong, now I have seen it and my mate Miguel, he says that kind of English drinking culture can be found at times in Spain.
The nightlife in Spanish cities is notorious for going on longer than elsewhere. There are even places that open at 5 or 6 in the morning to keep the party going. I can't see the appeal myself, but there again I'm well past bedtime at midnight most nights..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.