Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

dont understand karma and reputation

dont understand karma and reputation

Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default dont understand karma and reputation

I had a little time last night and started looking at this sight more........I dont understand the Karma and reputation thing.......do I need to do anything? What is the trading floor thingy? I only use discussion forums, I have never come across this other stuff.........i am feeling very confused.........please help........i may be missing something very important

love

mary x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dont understand karma and reputation

Originally Posted by maryann
I had a little time last night and started looking at this sight more........I dont understand the Karma and reputation thing.......do I need to do anything? What is the trading floor thingy? I only use discussion forums, I have never come across this other stuff.........i am feeling very confused.........please help........i may be missing something very important

love

mary x
Karma is there so that if you agree with a post and think that the poster has really helped someone, then you click on the Karma button where the post is and send them a Karma point complete with a little message if you want.
The trading floor is just a bit of fun where when you have enough points you can buy shares with them.
It has only just started since the upgrade and I have not used it myself, but it looks fun.
If you click on "my profile" at the top of the page you can see who has sent you Karma, apart from me.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 9th 2007 at 11:13 am.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:44 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

love

mary x
I´m glad you asked that question about Karma. Following the instructions from jdr I just took a look at my karma reputation for the first time ever and found I have a whole load of comments from people that I never even knew I had! I wish I had read their comments at the time when it was more topical - it would be nice if there was some way of knowing when you have received a karma, a bit like the pop up message you get when you receive a PM perhaps.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Well, I never knew that! I've never used them or realised I'd received them - I'm off now to spread karma (and possibly give someone a reputation!)
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I´m glad you asked that question about Karma. Following the instructions from jdr I just took a look at my karma reputation for the first time ever and found I have a whole load of comments from people that I never even knew I had! I wish I had read their comments at the time when it was more topical - it would be nice if there was some way of knowing when you have received a karma, a bit like the pop up message you get when you receive a PM perhaps.
Keith,
The trouble is people pay money to get rid of popups ;-)
When you log on just click on my profile, its updated immediately.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
Well, I never knew that! I've never used them or realised I'd received them - I'm off now to spread karma (and possibly give someone a reputation!)
Look at the little blue squares under your name, these increase with Karma, so the more you ahve the more people have rated your posts, sometimes, like the story of squirrels by Mrs JDR seem to gain the poster several karma points as many people thought that was such a good post, and so true to things in the UK. I didn't understand them at first, but I've since given them and received them.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:30 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Another question…what are the little squares under the amount of times you have posted for?
Dazzle has only got 2 but has posted something like 222 times… poor thing

Is there a link to on this forum which explains all of these things?

Bugger just seen the above post which happened whilst typing the question

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Jan 9th 2007 at 12:32 pm. Reason: secret!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

AH........thank you............that really given me a boost today......my two little buggers are taking it in turns to have tantrums and now my karma has gone up and I feel really special.......i am so easily pleased.......must go......the little one has just become the castillian pooing man!......reply if you know what I mean.

love

mary x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

AH........thank you............that really given me a boost today......my two little buggers are taking it in turns to have tantrums and now my karma has gone up and I feel really special.......i am so easily pleased.......must go......the little one has just become the castillian pooing man!......reply if you know what I mean.

love

mary x
WOW I thought I won't have any karma as sometimes I get a bit heated and I do like to take the P**S ,BUT I have over 1,800 !!! I must be well liked
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
WOW I thought I won't have any karma as sometimes I get a bit heated and I do like to take the P**S ,BUT I have over 1,800 !!! I must be well liked
Ahhh aint that sweet :-)
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:48 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
All you need to do is click "My Profile" and in the long blue bar where it says "latest reputation received" click the plus sign on the right so it'll always be open and every time you go to "my profile" you'll be able to see whether you have any new messages..
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken

Somebody must have clicked yours by mistake!!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

I have just spoke highly of you on MOVING TO SPAIN
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Here ! Here !
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Here ! Here !
Any more of that and I will include you in my village on THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.