Dom's gone :(

Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dom's gone :(

Im shocked, and sad
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dom's gone :(

Likewise

Below his last Gibraltar post it does refer to a holiday.

I hope it's not permanent
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Likewise

Below his last Gibraltar post it does refer to a holiday.

I hope it's not permanent
Me too, I only noticed as his avatar had gone, then looked up and saw the dreaded words. This forum is pretty lenient to be fair compared to others so...........

Maybe I could be next I think I am on a yellow card.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Gooorn.
Well B........low me down....
I thought this was the Plaza de Toros.......................
M
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:12 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Can anybody remember what has been deleted on that last post? Dom could be a bit of a tool at times but I don't remember him ever being particularly objectionable.

BTW Hope it's not permanent...
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimenato
Can anybody remember what has been deleted on that last post? Dom could be a bit of a tool at times but I don't remember him ever being particularly objectionable.

BTW Hope it's not permanent...
We can all be tool's when it comes to controversial subjects and don't let go.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 6:50 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I must be missing the point. Is this Domino were talking about and is he on holiday, or taking a break or had a row and decided to stop posting............or something more sinister?

We've had a few good posts and his opinion is valued.... please update

Jon
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi I must be missing the point. Is this Domino were talking about and is he on holiday, or taking a break or had a row and decided to stop posting............or something more sinister?

We've had a few good posts and his opinion is valued.... please update

Jon
Think he's gone for good. The mod who banned him wrote a comment to the tune of "Bye-bye now, you're going on another holiday, and this time there's no return ticket"
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:19 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I can't and don't wish to comment on the Management's recent actions which led to the demise of quite a few formerly regular posters.

I do question why the bannings or whatever can't be more transparent. The moderator from New Zealand is the only one who has attempted, in a small way to explain some of it.

Most of us are normal people, enjoying normal conversations with fellow expats, although the arseholes do come along to disrupt us.

Let's ban them, and tell the normal contributors why they have been banned.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

Well the main reason is that the forum rules clearly state that any discussion of moderator actions is against the rules.

The reason for this is that if it was discussed there would be loads of pro and con arguments about whether the mods action was justified. What you never see is the huge amount of discussion that goes on between the various mods about every single situation that might involve a ban, temporary or permanent.

Neither do you see the PMs between the mods and the member asking them to desist from whatever behaviour is being taken issue with.

You do not see the many warnings that are issued to members before such action is taken.

Please try and understand that, apart from the obvious spammer, members are never banned without prior warnings and much consultation between the appropriate mods and with Sue as the forum administrator.

Most of the recent bans have been as a result of members refusing to stop making personal attacks on other members despite individual warnings and many posts from the mods asking this sort of behaviour to stop.

To answer the question about Domino, he was banned temporarily, after previous warnings, for the above reasons for two weeks. Despite that ban, on his return he continued with this behaviour despite three warnings so the ban was made permanent.

I am probably stepping out of line by making this post and I am not prepared to discuss it further on this thread. If you wish to discuss it further please do it by PM to me or Sue.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I can't and don't wish to comment on the Management's recent actions which led to the demise of quite a few formerly regular posters.

I do question why the bannings or whatever can't be more transparent. The moderator from New Zealand is the only one who has attempted, in a small way to explain some of it.

Most of us are normal people, enjoying normal conversations with fellow expats, although the arseholes do come along to disrupt us.

Can't think who you mean.
Although a couple from across the pond might fit the bill.

But yes, a shame about the missing regulars.

Last edited by lutonlad; Jul 30th 2014 at 8:59 pm. Reason: addition
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Well the main reason is that the forum rules clearly state that any discussion of moderator actions is against the rules.

The reason for this is that if it was discussed there would be loads of pro and con arguments about whether the mods action was justified. What you never see is the huge amount of discussion that goes on between the various mods about every single situation that might involve a ban, temporary or permanent.

Neither do you see the PMs between the mods and the member asking them to desist from whatever behaviour is being taken issue with.

You do not see the many warnings that are issued to members before such action is taken.

Please try and understand that, apart from the obvious spammer, members are never banned without prior warnings and much consultation between the appropriate mods and with Sue as the forum administrator.

Most of the recent bans have been as a result of members refusing to stop making personal attacks on other members despite individual warnings and many posts from the mods asking this sort of behaviour to stop.

To answer the question about Domino, he was banned temporarily, after previous warnings, for the above reasons for two weeks. Despite that ban, on his return he continued with this behaviour despite three warnings so the ban was made permanent.

I am probably stepping out of line by making this post and I am not prepared to discuss it further on this thread. If you wish to discuss it further please do it by PM to me or Sue.
Something weird about public fora is that they can bring out the best and the worst in us. I wonder why, maybe it because one is on a public stage... and feels the weight of the 'worlds' focus on them, evaluating... judging perhaps.

Fred thanks for the explanation, I wasn't following those threads so I missed the discussions that led to this decision. I spend a lot of my time on the Ayamonte thread.... and 'come out' from time to time.

It cant be easy being a mod in certain circumstances, but I appreciate the explanation. In my case we have had a few PM's / thread discussions that were helpful, so I am sorry to see him go.

Jon
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:11 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

I'm grateful for your advice Fred. I'm sure most of us regular contributors are.

From our 'side', the contributors, we do form cyber friendships with other members, we post alongside them for years and get to like them, or occasionally hate them, not very often.

So if they bleed, we bleed. And then some of them disappear. If we know why, it's helpful for our peace of mind.

A lot of us are getting on a bit, I've been paying my respects at the tanitorio far too often recently.

I'm sorry, I'm being silly, but is there a graveyard for the banned?
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:26 pm
BE Positive

Thats a good point HBG. Friendships are made.

How about in disciplinary situations when someone is closed down.. you stop posting rights, but keep PM open for say a month, so that people can trade email addresses/contact details? Just a thought.

Jon

PS Based on some of the posts Ive seen especially on PDT, seeing Dom gone, makes me realise that there are people who have avoided that - by the skin of their teeth!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
A lot of us are getting on a bit, I've been paying my respects at the tanitorio far too often recently.

I'm sorry, I'm being silly, but is there a graveyard for the banned?
Maybe a future software version could address this but the mods have access to the graveyard, ie the list of banned members. 99.9% seem to have Spammer on their headstone!

My final word on this subject. Dom was a great contributor to this forum and I personally appreciated most of his posts but at the end of the day this is a forum that must be controlled by a decent set of rules and for its continued existence members must take the responsibility to abide by those rules.

If they do not, then they will have to accept that their actions will result in the application of those rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.