Dolls House

Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:36 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dolls House

Ok good people, I have a tudor pub dolls house which is crying out for a good home.

I have not put this in the classifieds because I'm not selling anything, just trying to find a good home for it as it was made by my father-in-law (with a lot of love) from scratch.

He gave me two. The smaller of the two I have finally found a place for in our house, but the pub is much bigger and keeps getting dragged from the garage to the spare bedroom and back and I'm afraid it will get badly damaged in the end and it would break my heart to have to throw it out.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, if there is anyone out there amongst you, who is interested in miniatures and would cherish and give a handmade tudor pub dolls house a good home (and has the space), I would be more than happy to give it away.

Martha
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dolls House

Originally Posted by MnM
Ok good people, I have a tudor pub dolls house which is crying out for a good home.

I have not put this in the classifieds because I'm not selling anything, just trying to find a good home for it as it was made by my father-in-law (with a lot of love) from scratch.

He gave me two. The smaller of the two I have finally found a place for in our house, but the pub is much bigger and keeps getting dragged from the garage to the spare bedroom and back and I'm afraid it will get badly damaged in the end and it would break my heart to have to throw it out.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, if there is anyone out there amongst you, who is interested in miniatures and would cherish and give a handmade tudor pub dolls house a good home (and has the space), I would be more than happy to give it away.

Martha
I'd love it, only drawback is we'd have to ship it to Brisbane Hope it finds a loving home.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:33 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'd love it, only drawback is we'd have to ship it to Brisbane Hope it finds a loving home.

Is there noone on there way over from here who could put it in their container for you - i would offer but its gonna be a good 2-3 years before we can come over.
Love Sam
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:12 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Brisbane is a bit TOO far!

But thank you for your kind words

Martha
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 3:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Is there noone on there way over from here who could put it in their container for you - i would offer but its gonna be a good 2-3 years before we can come over.
Love Sam
Good idea, but we'd have to get it from Spain to the Uk and then to Aus....at least, I think Martha is in Spain?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 3:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Yes, Brisbane is a bit TOO far!

But thank you for your kind words

Martha
Just had a thought......could you put the rough measurements of the tudor house as this may help someone to decide whether they could fit it into a niche somewhere.

I would absolutely adore to have it but think that I would be in the same position as you when visitors arrive.

Rosemary
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:07 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Just had a thought......could you put the rough measurements of the tudor house as this may help someone to decide whether they could fit it into a niche somewhere.

I would absolutely adore to have it but think that I would be in the same position as you when visitors arrive.

Rosemary
That's a great idea Rosemary.

I'll do that and take a picture too!

Be right back
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:08 pm
MnM

Good idea, but we'd have to get it from Spain to the Uk and then to Aus....at least, I think Martha is in Spain?
Yes, I'm in Spain.

The dolls house has travelled well, from UK to Greece then to Spain.

It really is beautiful. Going to photograph and take measurements now.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:30 pm
MnM

Dimensions are 27" X 11" and 31" in height with chimneys.

I think (not sure) that it's wired for electrics too.

Sorry for not having dusted it on the inside (only had time to do a bit of the outside really quickly), but have to start cooking
Attached Thumbnails Dolls House-tudor2.jpg   Dolls House-tudor3.jpg   Dolls House-tudor4.jpg   Dolls House-tudor1.jpg  
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Dimensions are 27" X 11" and 31" in height with chimneys.

I think (not sure) that it's wired for electrics too.

Sorry for not having dusted it on the inside (only had time to do a bit of the outside really quickly), but have to start cooking
Ohhhhhhh it is splendid. It must break your heart to not have room for it.

Rosemary
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:11 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Ohhhhhhh it is splendid. It must break your heart to not have room for it.

Rosemary
It really does!

When we had the gallery, I had both dolls houses on exhibit and loved showing the school children when they came around and explain to them that everything was hand made.

The children told their teacher and their teacher organised a school day and we had a gallery full of children almost every year. It was great fun.

I even had a few collectors interested in buying them, but I never even contemplated the idea as I always thought we would have some where to exhibit them so that people will see and appreciate them. However, that is no longer the case.