Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dogs on planes?

Dogs on planes?

Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dogs on planes?

My daughter is asking for me to take our dog to the UK for her birthday (the daughter's 21st, that is, not the dog's!). Failing that she suggested driving. *slaps forehead with hand*......... I really don't think we will be. However it does raise the question which airlines will accept dogs in flight-accepted crate/boxes, and at what cost.... I tried FAQs on Ezy and Ryr to no avail. Anyone any experience?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dogs on planes?

Enjoy the drive !

Not less than 400€ probably more.
The Airline has to be licensed for freight which I don't think EZY or RYR are.

British Airways/ Iberia, Aer Lingus, perhaps Monarch.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203
Enjoy the drive !

Not less than 400€ probably more.
The Airline has to be licensed for freight which I don't think EZY or RYR are.

British Airways/ Iberia, Aer Lingus, perhaps Monarch.

And that is one way.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:41 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I paid around £800 for 2 cats with Monarch to gatwick. We drove the dogs via Eurotunnel. Cost about £40 plus £7 each for hotel stop. Was cheaper to fly the dogs to USA.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
My daughter is asking for me to take our dog to the UK for her birthday (the daughter's 21st, that is, not the dog's!). Failing that she suggested driving. *slaps forehead with hand*......... I really don't think we will be. However it does raise the question which airlines will accept dogs in flight-accepted crate/boxes, and at what cost.... I tried FAQs on Ezy and Ryr to no avail. Anyone any experience?
My sister bought a rescue dog when she was on holiday in Spain. She had to wait for the dog to get it's Pet's Passport before she brought it to the UK. She contacted someone who runs a business ferrying pets between the UK and Spain by road. Her dog was delivered safely earlier this year. If you wish I will try and find the details of the company she used.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:23 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Have you considered a pet courier, no idea how much they charge though?

My SIL uses one regularly from El Campello to Blackpool for her standard poodle and he seems to be perfectly happy. There is also the option to transport a limited amount of other goods if you have too much to take by plane.

Are there similar businesses in your area?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Library Ticket
Have you considered a pet courier, no idea how much they charge though?

My SIL uses one regularly from El Campello to Blackpool for her standard poodle and he seems to be perfectly happy. There is also the option to transport a limited amount of other goods if you have too much to take by plane.

Are there similar businesses in your area?
Sounds like a similar service my sister used...from Costa Del Sol to Cheshire.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those suggestions but I only wondered for a short-term visit (fickle and waaaay to expensive, so it's going to remain a thought). I could easily drive there & back, bar the time and expense. There are loads of pet couriers, don't know the reputation of any!
As to flying, well if the answers in this thread are accurate, my daughter will have to come here to see her beloved Z!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those suggestions but I only wondered for a short-term visit (fickle and waaaay to expensive, so it's going to remain a thought). I could easily drive there & back, bar the time and expense. There are loads of pet couriers, don't know the reputation of any!
As to flying, well if the answers in this thread are accurate, my daughter will have to come here to see her beloved Z!
Yes the prices are accurate!
We brought our cat here with us four years ago, we had to fly Monarch from Manchester and she was on the same flight.
The cost for her one way was at the time £400 plus the cost of pet passport and injections on top.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

shippng dogs or cats is really expensive. They cost travel as cargo, but cost the same as a Business class flight ( I know this because we had to argue with our former employers. If it had been a child,they would have agreed.
To cut a long story short,we paid to get our dog into the UK. The kennel..if you want to call them that, lost her paperwork, blamed the kennel in Hong Kong and Cathay Pacific ( Cathay do zero unless the paperwork is flawless)
because of rules I can't name the company, but they have been responsible for shiiping a pet to the wrong side of Australia (meant to go to Perth but wound up Sydney and quarrtined for 6months)
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:26 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect there may be other factors involved, but you can see adverts for pet transport back to the UK all over the place. The ones I have personal knowledge of also take back personal and other belongings, including the pet's owners.

I suppose you could save money that way, if the transporter's vehicle was big enough. One professional I know insists on checking the pets documents with a local vet to ensure they are in order, having experienced difficulties on arrival in the UK.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:25 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really want to subject your dog to a plane / car journey if you don't have to?
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by missile
Do you really want to subject your dog to a plane / car journey if you don't have to?
Well no, as you'll see from early posts in the thread.... I was just wondering, really. And the time might come when I (or anyone else in the Spain forum) MIGHT want to, hence the question!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:26 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I paid around £800 for 2 cats with Monarch to gatwick. We drove the dogs via Eurotunnel. Cost about £40 plus £7 each for hotel stop. Was cheaper to fly the dogs to USA.
we did the chunnel in April and no charge for (one small) dog at the motels we stopped at, even the one at Calais.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Is Z the name of the dog.My daughter has an english bull terrier called Zero aka Z. Didnt think another dog could have the same name.Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.