Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

dog kennels - Galicia

dog kennels - Galicia

Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default dog kennels - Galicia

We are going back to the UK for one week soon and then onto Turkey for two weeks. Hence we cannot take our dog with us. I know it is a long shot but does anyone know of a dog kennel in Galicia where he can be looked after? Also does anyone know of the right spanish translation for google for "dog kennels"? I seem to have tried many different phrases but none of them come up with what I am after. Thanks.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

afega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really nice
Default Re: dog kennels - Galicia

Originally Posted by battlezone123
We are going back to the UK for one week soon and then onto Turkey for two weeks. Hence we cannot take our dog with us. I know it is a long shot but does anyone know of a dog kennel in Galicia where he can be looked after? Also does anyone know of the right spanish translation for google for "dog kennels"? I seem to have tried many different phrases but none of them come up with what I am after. Thanks.
Dog kennel as a little house in your garden where the dog can sleep is a "caseta" or "caseta de perro".

If you are looking for a place where you can leave your dog in you holidays try: "albergue canino" "albergue para perros" "hogar canino", etc...
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

I will ask some people for you. It may be easier to be cheeky and ask a neighbour though.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

alisonbelle is an unknown quantity at this point

The translation for "dog kennel" is Residencia Canina.
I found this one in Lugo:
RESIDENCIA CANINA DEL RESAR-CAMPELO, en Corgo. Teléfono: 607 401 824.

Good luck and enjoy your travels
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
I will ask some people for you. It may be easier to be cheeky and ask a neighbour though.

We have only got one neighbour and he is in his late 70s and has enough to do around his "farm" with his own animals. We did ask a "friend" of ours but he wants 300 euros to come and feed the dog in the morning and evening. I do not mind paying money but the thought of leaving our dog on its own for three weeks just seems cruel.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

We have only got one neighbour and he is in his late 70s and has enough to do around his "farm" with his own animals. We did ask a "friend" of ours but he wants 300 euros to come and feed the dog in the morning and evening. I do not mind paying money but the thought of leaving our dog on its own for three weeks just seems cruel.
Sounds like an interesting friend :-P

When are you going?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Sounds like an interesting friend :-P

When are you going?
We are leaving on Saturday 14 July and returning on Tuesday 7 August. I telephoned the number mentioned above but was unobtainable. But managed to find a kennel in La Coruna (about a 2 hour drive away) which sounds excellent. Have telephoned them and they are going to ring back this evening with someone who speaks english. My son ( 8 years old) spoke to them and they have room.