Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone do their own accounts?

Does anyone do their own accounts?

Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:27 am
Just Joined

robinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone do their own accounts?

Hi.
First post here although been watchin the forum for a while.
I was wondering if anyone here who runs their own business in Spain does their own accounts and files them with Hacienda rather than using the services of an accountant??
I have an S.L. Company and i actually have very few invoices etc so im thinking about filing my own accounts as. Im not expecting it to be a quick job, but just looking at cutting back on some costs etc.
If anyone out there does their own accounts is it an easy process? how much time does it take you??

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Does anyone do their own accounts?

Originally Posted by robinspain
Hi.
I was wondering if anyone here who runs their own business in Spain does their own accounts and files them with Hacienda rather than using the services of an accountant??
I have an S.L. Company and i actually have very few invoices etc so im thinking about filing my own accounts as. Im not expecting it to be a quick job, but just looking at cutting back on some costs etc.
If anyone out there does their own accounts is it an easy process? how much time does it take you??

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I do my own accounts although I am not SL, I am autonoma.

It is very easy indeed. I have a couple of one page forms to fill in each quarter which take about 10 minutes each. And then at the end of the year I have to do the RENTA which is completely computerised, so in fact I don't really do the RENTA at all - I just cast an eye over what the computer programme has produced to make sure that I am in agreement.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:09 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I will still be running a LTD company in the UK, any ideas what needs to be filed in Spain, if anything.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:59 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
I will still be running a LTD company in the UK, any ideas what needs to be filed in Spain, if anything.
If you are resident here in Spain then get the services of a good Gestoriar.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chulo
If you're resident here, then anything you take out of the company in the UK ie earnings/dividends/etc will form part of your tax return here. Seek advice from an accountant in Spain before you move - for example you will want to keep records of expenses and normal checkout receipts won't suffice.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robinspain
Hi.

Thanks in advance.
Just make sure you know what you were doing. I mentioned the loss of the 400 euro allowance next year to a friend who immediately turned white when she realized what the extra box was on the tax return. She has just overpaid by 100euros every quarter!
Old Oct 25th 2009, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

robinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, dont want to get the thread too confusing talking about uk taxes and Spanish Accounting....
Im not really expecting it to be the easiest thing, but i feel that one day a month should do it, and what im paying my Gestor at the moment it would be a good investment.
Ive been self employed for six years now so i do have a good idea of what to do, i was interested to hear if anyone also had their own S.L company who filed their own tax returns. If there is anyone out there in a similar situation i would be interested to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,