Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do you need a TV Licence

Do you need a TV Licence

Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

fergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant future
Default Do you need a TV Licence

Finally moved into the new place last week.

I need to get a TV and was wondering in Spain do you need a TV licence?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:51 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you need a TV Licence

Originally Posted by fergy
Finally moved into the new place last week.

I need to get a TV and was wondering in Spain do you need a TV licence?

Thanks in advance
you do not need a licence for the TV in Spain. TV in spain is funded by extremely long ad breaks...they make a 2 hour film about 20 hours long!!

you do not need a UK TV licence to watch UK tv in spain via satellite (yet!)

Last edited by The Guy; Jun 6th 2008 at 7:54 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

fergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant futurefergy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
you do not need a licence for the TV in Spain. TV in spain is funded by extremely long ad breaks...they make a 2 hour film about 20 hours long!!

and for most things in spain "whats a licence????"
Thanks for clarifying that one
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy

lol, In the UK I watch that Espana Directo most nights if I can on TVE1, when they take a ad break - very rarely they show the ad's in the UK so it goes off to some wildlife bullshit or something, and Sat&PC Guy is right can be like 20 minutes.

Only great thing I find about watching Live Sport like F1, major football Tourno's or games is that they do show adverts at the same time as the spor in a split screen, shame its not like that here, even online you watch it and it goes to a break.