Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do you feel better health wise?

Do you feel better health wise?

Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you feel better health wise?

Hi,
Since you have moved to spain. Do you feel as if you are healthier?
I mean with the food and with the sun?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you feel better health wise?

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
Definitely. For 18 months previously I had severe chest pains which were cripplying. I had to undergo tests for a heart condition and had an angina spray as it was the only thing that relieved the pain. I underwent various tests but nothing could be found. At that time I worked in a 999 police call centre but would have said that I wasn´t stressed at all although I hated the job and the shift work. Since moving to Spain two and a half years ago apart from an attack in the first couple of months I have had nothing. All the pain has ceased and I haven´t even had a cold although I know people who have. My husband also suffered from gout in the UK which is extremely painful. Again apart from an attack in the first week - zilch. so it has worked for us.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
Definitely. For 18 months previously I had severe chest pains which were cripplying. I had to undergo tests for a heart condition and had an angina spray as it was the only thing that relieved the pain. I underwent various tests but nothing could be found. At that time I worked in a 999 police call centre but would have said that I wasn´t stressed at all although I hated the job and the shift work. Since moving to Spain two and a half years ago apart from an attack in the first couple of months I have had nothing. All the pain has ceased and I haven´t even had a cold although I know people who have. My husband also suffered from gout in the UK which is extremely painful. Again apart from an attack in the first week - zilch. so it has worked for us.
I hope it works for me to, when i go out there for a long holiday i feel a lot better and it seems to help my hubby too.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 1:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I suffered quite badly with Hay Fever, which on occasions turned into Asthma, this year, no sign of Hay Fever at all, my wife suffers from Arthritis, and she is much better, takes less pills each day as well.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 7:16 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I absolutely feel better! My breathing is a hundred times, easier, my bones don't ache in the winter like they used to. Also, because of a change in diet... my skin is a lot clearer, and my hair and nails seem to be growing really fast.
We noticed the difference in about a month.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you that since coming back to the UK for a few weeks all my old aches and pains have returned .... doesn't take long!!!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I can tell you that since coming back to the UK for a few weeks all my old aches and pains have returned .... doesn't take long!!!
You must have been drinking that Starbucks coffee again Mitzyboy
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
You must have been drinking that Starbucks coffee again Mitzyboy

And now I find that one of the things I will be taking back to Spain with me tomorrow is a runny nose and cold!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

I played golf this morning with hubby, and i have just the start of a bloody cold as well. Thing is if i get one it knocks me out for days and i have so much to do.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:46 pm
Senior Moment

I played golf this morning with hubby, and i have just the start of a bloody cold as well. Thing is if i get one it knocks me out for days and i have so much to do.
Mmmmmmm .... Golf ........ I dream of playing Golf again. Can't you both move near to me so I can get someone to partner!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Mmmmmmm .... Golf ........ I dream of playing Golf again. Can't you both move near to me so I can get someone to partner!
Hi,
Hubby has been playing a while i started the sport in about june and i play between 1 and 5 times a week. Depending if hubby is going to work, However i do go by myself and have a 9 hole.

I love it and to be fair i used to hate it. I still do not like watching it but playing i love it.

People are always saying how come you are playing it at your age it is and old persons sport. However they have not got a clue there is many different ages playing and i find it calms me and is great.

I am still looking for courses in spain on the costa del sol that do not need a handicap certificate as i do not have one yet
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

The only piece of paper you require to play on the vast majority of courses in spain, is a 50 euro note.
I've played maybe 20 different courses in Spain/Portugal (including Valderama, VM Old Course, Vale de Lobo etc) The only one that even asked was VM - I eventually got their Director to Contact my home club for refs.
I think the key is to book a few weeks before, and if you do this through one of the discount green fee agents, you'll most likely save money too!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leighbloke
The only piece of paper you require to play on the vast majority of courses in spain, is a 50 euro note.
I've played maybe 20 different courses in Spain/Portugal (including Valderama, VM Old Course, Vale de Lobo etc) The only one that even asked was VM - I eventually got their Director to Contact my home club for refs.
I think the key is to book a few weeks before, and if you do this through one of the discount green fee agents, you'll most likely save money too!
Thanks for that.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Do you feel better health wise?

How could you not feel better when you are sat in the garden reading in 26o in the sun in a t shirt. If anything feeling a bit too warm! Hey guys the weather is fantastic here the last few days in the Costa de Luz.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glynis
How could you not feel better when you are sat in the garden reading in 26o in the sun in a t shirt. If anything feeling a bit too warm! Hey guys the weather is fantastic here the last few days in the Costa de Luz.
Well i have only 3 weeks and 4 days and can not wait to feel a little warmer.
The children are excited for the warmer days, they cant wait to get a bit of colour on them.

My youngest daughter is asking me when are we going to spain will we live in a hotel (i wish)
I dont think she fully understand's we will be living there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.